Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

fatbloke said:
As someone said earlier "a lack of form/ability can be forgiven, a lack of effort can not". Kolarov is just a lazy bastard and if anyone wants to argue that fact they just have to watch the previous two games he's played. As for the do gooders saying we shouldn't boo or abuse one of our own, just because he's got a blue shirt on, fuck off. Robinho was one of the most talented players to ever play for us but he was a lazy twat, it's unacceptable to fans however talented you are or think you are. If the players put the effort in, the players will get the crowds 100% backing. You only have to look at the crowd reaction in the FA Cup game against the scum when Vinny was sent off after 10 minutes, 3-0 down and the atmosphere was electric because the players were giving it everything. We got beat and the fans were prouder than anything walking out at the end. That goes right back to the Stoke game when we got relegated into the old Division 2 and way beyond. You only have to look at Shaun Goater, slagged off to fuck when he first signed by everyone (myself included) but he turned his City career around by sheer hard work off the ball and the fans got behind him, his confidence rose, the goals started flowing and he went on to become a legend at this club. The man himself has made comments about changing the fans mentally towards him by chasing lost causes and working his nuts off.

Kolarov will get the same backing from me and every other fan if he puts the effort in, until then he can fuck off and I will continue to give him abuse, just like I do when Yaya is having a lazy day.

100% spot on mate although I`m not sure if you do it,but I don`t believe in booing our own players.Thats the bottom line with Kolarov and even Dzeko thats all I ask that a decent shift is put in on a regular basis.Thats probably why I love Sergio,Jimmy and the likes so much not just for their ability but their efforts.

oakiecokie said:
LoveCity said:
oakiecokie said:
I don`t believe you for a moment !! Every fucking supporter of any club has the right to criticise any player who not only plays badly but more so with this player,who barely puts in a shift should be criticising him,irrespective of whether he can hear it or not !!
It does the fuckers no harm to listen to moans.I`m talking about moaning NOT booing and your self righteous image of NEVER complaining inside a stadium makes you a serious contender for a fucking sainthood !!

Really? You think people not moaning at/abusing players is actually a minority thing? Do you sit up on level 3 by any chance? Many of us make an effort to actually support the team and keep the negativity to a minimum. I'll come on here and say so-and-so had a wank game an hour later, but am not interested in doing it in the stadium. Why would I? It does nothing productive. Players don't like it, they prefer enthusiastic support. It's not self-righteous at all, it's common football support across the world! Dortmund are in the relegation zone and fans have given nothing less than 100% support for Klopp and his players.

Of course football fans have a right to complain and moan.I pay monies towards their fucking high salaries and clap when they do something wonderful but I also moan if someone doesn`t contribute anything during a game especially someone who shows a complete lack of effort.Yes I do sit in CBL3 so fucking what ??
Over the 50 years I`ve done more singing,chanting etc than most,so as I get older I can`t be arsed chanting away for 90 minutes,so I`ll leave all that to my son, who sits with me, and super supporters like yourself,as I obviously lag behind in enthusiasm.

I didn't say people don't have a right to do it, I just don't like it! I find some of our fans miserable and negative windbags who are much quicker to criticise than support the team. I see these types near me, who sit with their arms crossed and have f'kall good to say about a team enjoying its golden age, but are quick to make their feelings known when Dzeko or Kolarov do something wrong. Just like it's their right to be like this, it's my right to believe they are a shame on our fanbase and don't seem to derive any enjoyment from the sport they're watching.

oakiecokie said:
100% spot on mate although I`m not sure if you do it,but I don`t believe in booing our own players.Thats the bottom line with Kolarov and even Dzeko thats all I ask that a decent shift is put in on a regular basis.Thats probably why I love Sergio,Jimmy and the likes so much not just for their ability but their efforts.
Spot on.

I don't rate Kolarov but he doesn't deserve the abuse he's apparently receiving. I can't imagine it going down to well with his teammates either. Its an awful way to support but it does give an insight into the mentality of some cIty fans and why the stadium has such a poor and sometimes toxic atmosphere.

citymad said:
I don't rate Kolarov but he doesn't deserve the abuse he's apparently receiving. I can't imagine it going down to well with his teammates either. Its an awful way to support but it does give an insight into the mentality of some cIty fans and why the stadium has such a poor and sometimes toxic atmosphere.

WTF ???

oakiecokie said:
citymad said:

WTF ???

it's those chicken balti pies, they don't digest well, South Standers smell like cows at times.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
oakiecokie said:
citymad said:

WTF ???

it's those chicken balti pies, they don't digest well, South Standers smell like cows at times.

Arses like Weapons of Mass Destruction then.

Never been a fan of Kolarov and after yesterday’s antics which is not the first time he has been giving out to the fans he can leave for me – shocked we gave him a new deal in the Summer.

I wouldn’t mind if he put a shift in, but just labours up and down the left side, never seems to want the ball and one good cross a month just aint enough especially when he is a complete defensive liability!

I haven’t got a problem with any other City player and understand all players have dips in form but he is consistently poor and would be happy to see him moved on – I’m sure plenty of Serie A Team’s would be happy to accommodate him.

I wasnt a fan, but the last year and a half he has been good for us. Don't think there is anither fullback in the league that can provide as much as him going forward, and he has been better defensively than he was when he first arrived.

Remember him giving it the South Stand against Norwich a few years back. Was fully entitled to as well, he was copping loads from them and if you're willing to give it out you should be prepared to get some back.

moomba said:
I wasnt a fan, but the last year and a half he has been good for us. Don't think there is anither fullback in the league that can provide as much as him going forward, and he has been better defensively than he was when he first arrived.

Remember him giving it the South Stand against Norwich a few years back. Was fully entitled to as well, he was copping loads from them and if you're willing to give it out you should be prepared to get some back.

Spot on Moomba!

I have to laugh at the guys who love dishing it out from their seats, only to be outraged when one of our players gestures back!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.