Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

LoveCity said:
What a shame some of these whinging airbags can't put as much effort into supporting the team as moaning whenever they do something wrong.

With that said, I guess it is the responsibility of a player to hold their temper and not retaliate by against the people 'paying their wages'.

I completely agree with you, sheff wed reminded me today of why I used to love going to city games they just enjoy singing and supporting there team. Our fans over the last 5 years or so seem to have turned into spoilt children, even back to the cup final vs Stoke I had a disagreement about kolarov being slagged off by city fans to which I felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall. We were finally back at Wembley in an FA cup final and all people could do is moan(these people need to have a long hard look at them selves before slagging off other people) Manchester City is not just 11 men on the pitch it's the 45000 of us as the 12th Man in the stadium aswel.

I think his relationship with the fans at the game is poor to be honest and it dates back a while.

To the point where when anyone goes off now, they almost always get a standing ovation regardless of whether they have been poor or not. Today, a few people were stood up but the vast majority looked and sounded like they were glad to see the back of him.

The abuse at the game is not on but unfortunately Kolorov doesn't help himself with his reactions to fans.

I think it might be better at the end of the season if he moves on for everyone concerned.

Personally I find it sad that match going supporters are still looking for scapegoats but still it is all down to the individual. As for Kolarov he isn't a world class full back but he is still a very useful player to have when fit and in form.

Ubiquitous said:
Great to see that the two PL titles, FA Cup, League Cup and Charity Shield wins of Kolarov's City career have not dulled the Richard Edghill angry brigade.

There did appear to be a lot more idiots than usual at the game today, I wonder why?

Kolarov is my least favourite city player but I wouldn't shout abuse at him for having a bad game.

edit - I always wonder why a fan would abuse a player on their own side. I see it when I play football myself - some players abuse their struggling teammates rather than encourage them. Makes absolutely no sense.

Enlighten me , why was there more idiots than usual today ?

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Ubiquitous said:
Great to see that the two PL titles, FA Cup, League Cup and Charity Shield wins of Kolarov's City career have not dulled the Richard Edghill angry brigade.

There did appear to be a lot more idiots than usual at the game today, I wonder why?

Kolarov is my least favourite city player but I wouldn't shout abuse at him for having a bad game.

edit - I always wonder why a fan would abuse a player on their own side. I see it when I play football myself - some players abuse their struggling teammates rather than encourage them. Makes absolutely no sense.

Enlighten me , why was there more idiots than usual today ?

Because there were more away fans today than for league games maybe?

I don't rate him at all but must admit that I felt quite sorry for him today as nothing seemed to come off for him.

Always thought AK was an OK full back , but his application and attitude today was shocking , absolutely no excuses , he couldnt be bothered , 40,000 blues there today , and the pricing attracted supporters who probably cant afford the premiership games , and they witness a £100k a week footballer who couldnt care less , the guy has come down in my estimation. My level of abuse towards Kolarov was to suggest that he " wakes up" , which was a fair comment , but to call him a w*nker and give v signs , (which some fans did) , to your own players is indefensible.

Some City fans need to vent at one of their own.

Kolarov oddly seems to be a confidence player. You can tell within 5 minutes if he's going to be good or bad. Today nothing seemed to work out for him and he seemed to get all the frustration of the crowd and it affects his game.

g180aj said:
LoveCity said:
What a shame some of these whinging airbags can't put as much effort into supporting the team as moaning whenever they do something wrong.

With that said, I guess it is the responsibility of a player to hold their temper and not retaliate by against the people 'paying their wages'.

I completely agree with you, sheff wed reminded me today of why I used to love going to city games they just enjoy singing and supporting there team. Our fans over the last 5 years or so seem to have turned into spoilt children, even back to the cup final vs Stoke I had a disagreement about kolarov being slagged off by city fans to which I felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall. We were finally back at Wembley in an FA cup final and all people could do is moan(these people need to have a long hard look at them selves before slagging off other people) Manchester City is not just 11 men on the pitch it's the 45000 of us as the 12th Man in the stadium aswel.

Why do people post stuff like this? Our crowd is miles more supportive and miles less inclined to boo or abuse our own than it used to be.

Back in the 'good old days' when we were a sleeping giant like Wednesday, players were sometimes booed ONTO the pitch, never mind off it. The whole team would be barracked, slow-handclapped, the lot. Many of them were afraid to play at home it was so bad and for a few years our away results were better than home for that reason. In the famous Renaissance all-in-it-together 98-99 season it was so bad the assistant manager did a column about it in the programme, begging for fans to stop.

Kolorov was embarrassingly bad today, but although there were a few moans and groans like there is at every football match on the world, he was still applauded off at the end. That would not have happened a few years ago.

I like him .
Just think this injury hindered him. .
Did really well last season .
So let's not get on his back .

His head's not been right for three weeks or so now. Piss poor on Boxing Day, piss poor again for a cameo 10 minutes at the end of the New Year's Day match and again piss poor today. Worst player on the pitch by a COUNTRY MILE. Doesn't help himself by having a pop back at the fans. There's only ever going to be one winner there and it ain't A.K.

As has been said, if he doesn't want to get a grip and sort his head/form out then it's adios Aleks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.