Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

citytill1die84 said:
Didn't see this thread just posted about his part in the 2nd goal in the after match thread excellent yesterday Aleks.

Headed the ball back to Pantilimon then sped upfield to take a pass form Sergio (Joe Hart, note Pantilimons excellent distribution to Aguero - probably pass of the day) then delivered the killer pass.

Hats off to both Kolarov and Pantillimon, both should be accredited with an assist to Nasri's wonder strike.

Blue Theatre said:
The thought of Utd fans spending their afternoon watching City win a trophy, and then feeling they have to discuss it afterwards ... just brought a lovely smile to my face.
I can't decide what's weirder. That or Arsenal fans willfully trying to pretend that yesterday didn't exist so as to simultaneously not have to note another trophy they didn't win and note another trophy Nasri has won after leaving them.

If anyone can name me a better left back, I'm all ears! He is by far one of our most underated players in terms of the job he has to do and how he does it. I wouldn't say he's the best defender but his crosses are pretty frightening and every single one all it takes is a touch, in our case their defender couldn't deal with it and Nasri finished it off. Had Clichy played yesterday I'm pretty sure we would never of scored that second goal.

Got to say as someone who always supported him it is nice to see some of the boo boys eating humble pie and those who have been prepared to admit that they were wrong on Kolarov deserve some credit for at least being man enough to admit it.

bennyboy said:
Did he have a good claim for a penalty in the second half.

I thought so, yes. On the replay there was clear contact. It wasn't a dive. Maybe he wouldn't have caught up with the ball, which is why it wasn't given. It was a foul though, IMO.

eyejay51 said:
1998 blue said:
Time for people to now realise how good garcia has been for the last couple of months and no more escape goats :) (I am being serious that I think garcia has been very good recently)

Ohhh fuck sake ;)
Is an escape goat what Moyes will ride out of Shitsville on~?

inbetween said:
If anyone can name me a better left back, I'm all ears! He is by far one of our most underated players in terms of the job he has to do and how he does it. I wouldn't say he's the best defender but his crosses are pretty frightening and every single one all it takes is a touch, in our case their defender couldn't deal with it and Nasri finished it off. Had Clichy played yesterday I'm pretty sure we would never of scored that second goal.

Don't get carried away now petal, he had a good game, is vastly improved and deserves the plaudits for his efforts, however, when we rectify the position with a top level left back, with which there're many - shaw, baines to name but two, you shall see that AK is good but not the required standard!

BigJoe#1 said:
Headed the ball back to Pantilimon then sped upfield to take a pass form Sergio (Joe Hart, note Pantilimons excellent distribution to Aguero - probably pass of the day) then delivered the killer pass.

Almost word for word what I was about to post.
Just to add that AJ was about 30 yards behind him when he played the ball in.
Well done Kola.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.