Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

bobmcfc said:
He's been brilliant for us the majority of his time with us, going through a bad patch at the moment but we shouldn't forget all the great performances that came before.

I agree with you Bob

Kolarov is out form no doubt about that and has had two poor games. However, I get the sense that some Blues are expecting him to do everything. After all, I seem to recall it was Navas with the amazing cover tackle in the left back position in the dying minutes that ensured we got the win (after Kolarov had been subbed). Sometimes our full backs will be caught upfield with our attacking style of play.

he must have stepped on a black cat or something yesterday, he looked like a cursed player, absolutely nothing went right for him.

he had to be taken off for his own sake and would of cost us eventually if pellers hadn't subbed him.

Tim of the Oak said:
bobmcfc said:
He's been brilliant for us the majority of his time with us, going through a bad patch at the moment but we shouldn't forget all the great performances that came before.

I agree with you Bob

Kolarov is out form no doubt about that and has had two poor games. However, I get the sense that some Blues are expecting him to do everything. After all, I seem to recall it was Navas with the amazing cover tackle in the left back position in the dying minutes that ensured we got the win (after Kolarov had been subbed). Sometimes our full backs will be caught upfield with our attacking style of play.

He got stiched up by an awful through ball when he made a cracking run for their first goal. From then on he just played it simple and was unadventurous going forward. Seemed like a natural reaction to me. Just one of those days for him.

mekonmcfc said:
moomba said:
I wasnt a fan, but the last year and a half he has been good for us. Don't think there is anither fullback in the league that can provide as much as him going forward, and he has been better defensively than he was when he first arrived.

Remember him giving it the South Stand against Norwich a few years back. Was fully entitled to as well, he was copping loads from them and if you're willing to give it out you should be prepared to get some back.

Zab
Clichy
Ivanovic
Cline
Shaw
Baines

to name a few

I'd remove Shaw from that list mate. Sagna would be way ahead of him up until his move here

bobmcfc said:

You must watch a different game to me mate. He has had a handful of what I call good performances. Fortunately we have plenty of other quality players in particular Kompany and Demichelis who cover his defensive mistakes and when he is casually strolling back from an attack.

MerlinsBeard said:
mekonmcfc said:
moomba said:
I wasnt a fan, but the last year and a half he has been good for us. Don't think there is anither fullback in the league that can provide as much as him going forward, and he has been better defensively than he was when he first arrived.

Remember him giving it the South Stand against Norwich a few years back. Was fully entitled to as well, he was copping loads from them and if you're willing to give it out you should be prepared to get some back.

Zab
Clichy
Ivanovic
Cline
Shaw
Baines

to name a few

I'd remove Shaw from that list mate. Sagna would be way ahead of him up until his move here
...i was just naming a few that are better going forward then him, there are many others that are also and can defend !!

mekonmcfc said:
MerlinsBeard said:
mekonmcfc said:
Zab
Clichy
Ivanovic
Cline
Shaw
Baines

to name a few

...i was just naming a few that are better going forward then him, there are many others that are also and can defend !!

Well you can take Clichy (for now) and Shaw out of your list if you are just referring to attacking. Gael has improved going forward and that great for the team but he needs to do that on a consistent basis.

We have been playing without a centre forward fir a month that has limited our options going forward so it is a credit to Gael that he has improved in this context.

I think if you wer eto ask Pellers if he was in a 'good moment' he would have to say no. We shouldn't write him off, he's done ok in the past but for now Clichy all the way. Our 1 weakness as a team is the left side, as exploited by most teams who have played well against us. I think playing them both might be an answer to a number of problems.

mekonmcfc said:
moomba said:

Zab
Clichy
Ivanovic
Cline
Shaw
Baines

to name a few

1 goal and 7 assists last season despite starting just over half of our league matches.

Zab - 1 goal, 6 assists
Clichy - 0 goals, 0 assists
Ivanovic - 3 goals, 1 assists
Clyne - 0 goals, 4 assists
Shaw - 0 goals, 1 assist
Baines - 5 goals, 4 assists

I'll give you Baines, although not sure how many of his are pens. He's fallen in a hole this season as well.

Goals and assists aren't the be all and end all, but I'd argue Kolarov gives more in an attacking sense than the others even when he doesn't get a stat for it.

I thought there a plumbing problem with the toilets in the Kippax during the first half yesterday but it subsequently transpired it was Kolraov being on our side of the pitch.

He is capable of much better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.