Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

Probably his worst game under Pellegrini so far, but this shouldn't be a reason to completely write him off.

It's the constant abuse he gets and of course his angry reactions that make think that we should consider selling him. In this case, we will miss his crosses a lot though. Don't think there is anybody except him who is that good at it.

moomba said:
mekonmcfc said:
moomba said:
I wasnt a fan, but the last year and a half he has been good for us. Don't think there is anither fullback in the league that can provide as much as him going forward, and he has been better defensively than he was when he first arrived.

Remember him giving it the South Stand against Norwich a few years back. Was fully entitled to as well, he was copping loads from them and if you're willing to give it out you should be prepared to get some back.

Zab
Clichy
Ivanovic
Cline
Shaw
Baines

to name a few

1 goal and 7 assists last season despite starting just over half of our league matches.

Zab - 1 goal, 6 assists
Clichy - 0 goals, 0 assists
Ivanovic - 3 goals, 1 assists
Clyne - 0 goals, 4 assists
Shaw - 0 goals, 1 assist
Baines - 5 goals, 4 assists

I'll give you Baines, although not sure how many of his are pens. He's fallen in a hole this season as well.

Goals and assists aren't the be all and end all, but I'd argue Kolarov gives more in an attacking sense than the others even when he doesn't get a stat for it.

I have to agree and he'd probably have more goals as I'd argue he's one of the league's best free kick takers but he hasn't had chance since Yaya took over. His free kick at Leicester last year is evidence of that.

If Kolarov doesn't get forward then the best part of his game is nullified.

I am not sure if it was good tactics by Wednesday or just that Kolarov was having a bad day. Either way he rarely got forward and his passing was awful. Hopefully he can put this game behind him and get back to his attacking best.

blueinnewzealand said:
OB1 said:
I thought there a plumbing problem with the toilets in the Kippax during the first half yesterday but it subsequently transpired it was Kolraov being on our side of the pitch.

He is capable of much better.

Hahaha. It was rather strong yesterday.

If I'd been a tourist sat in the East Stand yesterday, I might have thought his first name was Fukov.

I felt sorry for him: don't like seeing any City player struggle...

Aleks Kolarov - take a hike!!

Sorry guys, don't like being negative to a blue but both me and my old fella both think he's the weak link. He's too static for attacking full/wing back (whatever he likes to be called) and doesn't pull the play wide often enough for me. Seems unwilling go forward and more than often looks to come inside or play the ball that way.
Before I get slated I know he did take it to the by-line for Silva to pop it in against Palace and I did slag him just prior to that. But I think that just proves my point, if he gave that as an option all game we'd be more of a threat down the left! He needs to be more vocal rather than stand there waving his hand every now and again.

Never rated him defensively and imho overrated attacking threat as well...

The media have picked up the barracking of Kolarov after his poor display, there's something MCFC News Now that I wasn't interested in attaching!

Kolarov plays better when he plays regular, he's been out for quite a while and will need matches to improve. Unfortunately not all players are a Silva who can return almost at his peak. He was poor yesterday but I felt he was trying passes he wouldn't normally play against a prem side. He was definitely guilty of underestimating them. That said we should cut him some slack until he is back match fit. If he then isn't performing then fair enough. Some fans are just too quick to criticise. There is a reason this thread has the title it does.

In poor form at the moment, didn't help the fact yesterday though that when he had a good ten yards of space around him the midfield seemed reluctant to pass the ball to him, yet when the left flank was more crowded the ball seemed to be attracted to him. As I have already said in this thread I just wish he would show a bit more fight, stick his foot in a tackle or win a brave header but he doesn't have the balls for it, unfortunately until that time he'll get very little sympathy from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.