Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

henryhoover said:
kolorov was too far up the pitch, when possession was lost ,there was a fast break ,he would of needed a rocket to get back to left back
However, he decided a ride on a tortoise would be better. I've no problem with him getting caught up the pitch, it wasn't him giving the ball away, but once he saw the break develop he should be busting a gut to get back into a defensive position, he could have made some effort, but he didn't even jog back, was just in our half as the ball was put in the net, sorry but that's not good enough at the level we play at, even against lesser opposition.

worsleyweb said:
We have some complete wankers as fans. He is a great player and has been good for us. Is just feeling his way back in after injuries,

Agreed.

People saying he offers very little don't know what they are talking about. He was our best LB last season. He put's in loads of dangerous crosses too, see the second goal against Palace a few weeks ago, he picked Silva out with a perfect low cross.

All players can have off days.

Juan King said:
worsleyweb said:
We have some complete wankers as fans. He is a great player and has been good for us. Is just feeling his way back in after injuries,

Agreed.

People saying he offers very little don't know what they are talking about. He was our best LB last season. He put's in loads of dangerous crosses too, see the second goal against Palace a few weeks ago, he picked Silva out with a perfect low cross.

You won't get any arguments from me that he offers something going forwards, but can anyone list his defensive capabilities?

For me he's good when we have the ball & bloody shocking when we don't have the ball, as in: he offers very little defensively ;)

Worsley.....which of his attributes make you think he's a great player?

Maly Wilson said:
Juan King said:
worsleyweb said:

Agreed.

You won't get any arguments from me that he offers something going forwards, but can anyone list his defensive capabilities?

For me he's good when we have the ball & bloody shocking when we don't have the ball, as in: he offers very little defensively ;)

2 championships in 3 years.

worsleyweb said:
Maly Wilson said:
Juan King said:
Agreed.

I take that's a tongue in cheek comment? Luke Chadwick & Ronnie fucking Wallwork have one a piece playing for the scum........I'm pretty certain that you wouldn't class them as great players & we have the magnificent Steffan Savic as a title winner.

Great teams are not always full of great players

Maly Wilson said:
worsleyweb said:
Maly Wilson said:

I take that's a tongue in cheek comment? Luke Chadwick & Ronnie fucking Wallwork have one a piece playing for the scum........I'm pretty certain that you wouldn't class them as great players & we have the magnificent Steffan Savic as a title winner.

Just think he has been good for us. Seems only weeks a go - thread said Alex kolarov take a bow and now 2 half games after an injury he is getting slagged off. Seems a great attacking left back to me.

crmcfc said:
He is the most bone idle player I have ever seen, should get rid as soon as possible.

Jogging back yet again yesterday when the opposition are breaking to score, he is cheating a living at City.

All this bollocks about the free kicks, how many has he scored? Cannot think of more than two or three.

Stick with Clichy and a young understudy

Er, quite a few actually. At least half a dozen not two or three !

Maly Wilson said:
worsleyweb said:
Maly Wilson said:

True, but Kolarov has contributed an awful lot more than Ronnie fuckin Wallwork or Savic. Yet another ungrateful clueless numbnut !

worsleyweb said:
Maly Wilson said:
worsleyweb said:

Just think he has been good for us. Seems only weeks a go - thread said Alex kolarov take a bow and now 2 half games after an injury he is getting slagged off. Seems a great attacking left back to me.

Spot on !

worsleyweb said:
Maly Wilson said:
worsleyweb said:

I'll give you he's a good (sometimes great) attacking full back, but in my opinion he can't defend. He was in a good run of form earlier on in the season, but as soon as he's put under pressure by the opposition, I feel like he falls to pieces. If you're lucky enough to speak with any ex pros who have watched Kolorov, ask them what they think about his defensive qualities. My definition of a great full back is a player who carries the attacking threat of Zabba, with the defensive qualities of Zabba (who I'm pretty certain has more assists/minute than Kolorov). I'm certainly not saying he's not an asset to the squad but personally, I don't think he's a great player & feel that LB is one of, if not the weakest position in the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.