Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

bobmcfc said:
Ray78 said:
Despite Kolarov's recent performances I still feel that he should be moved on this summer.

He should stay, he's an important part of the team

He's hogging a spot where genuine quality can be acquired,and probably on less wages.

A couple of adequate performances do not paper over the giant cracks.

He is such a bloody awful defender, just because he scored suddenly he is playing well. lol

I think a lot of these comments are harsh. A full back can get terribly exposed dependent on who is in front of you giving any protection. Pablo gets more than adequate when he bombs forward but I dont think the same happens on the left flank.
To be honest it's happened for years and I used to think the same when Garrido had Petrov in from of him.

He gets so much shit on here that I'm glad he's going through a purple patch.

I for one will be saddened if / when he's moved on because unlike some of our players he seems to genuinely give a shit about the club, young players and fans.

I think you'll find I've always liked kolorov and damn can he take a free kick and cross a ball

He's still way below the standard of a top PL club for a full back, compare him to Ivanovic, Azpilicueta & Zaba for example.

He's getting better going forward when he takes less touches and puts crosses in as early as possible.

bobmcfc said:
I think you'll find I've always liked kolorov and damn can he take a free kick and cross a ball

This is true
What a pity that as his main job is defending and he would make michel Vonk look like Bobby Moore in that regard.
I would prefer a left winger who can cross a ball and a left back who can defend if that's too much to ask

Three good games in a row for Aleks and two excellent free kick goals.

I have to laugh at the Bluemoaners who are bitter that Kolarov has had a few good games lately.

Tim of the Oak said:
Three good games in a row for Aleks and two excellent free kick goals.

I have to laugh at the Bluemoaners who are bitter that Kolarov has had a few good games lately.

The "supporter" near me who was giving him endless shit at the Villa game before he scored didn't bother turning up today, it must have really pissed him off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.