Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

greasedupdeafguy said:
goaters shinpad said:
Fuck me, no pleasing some people is there? Best left wing back we have at the club or would you put Clichy & Sagna in front of him or are they in your c**ts shop window too?

Seosa said:
Playing to put himself in the shop window hopefully. Two goals from free kicks doesn't deflect the fact that he's shit and a c**t to boot.

Italy beckons hopefully.
Clichy is a far superior left back especially when given a run of games.

You must be thinking of the 11/12 season because he has rarely produced that form since, run of games or not. Personally I don't think either of them are quite good enough for our ambitions but right now Kolarov deserves to keep his place.

Best attacking left back in the Premiership at the moment.

He's inconsistent though.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
i for one, think he is better at defending than a lot on here give him credit for.
Obviously a few have a beef about previous run ins, so will blame him for any
goal that goes in. When he first came back into the team, was after a knee injury
and it's taken him a bit to get back match sharpness. This all happened during
a particularly bad patch for the whole team. The team is now playing better, Aleks
looking sharper, defending well, communicating with Mangala.
Over all, i don't think he's as bad a some would have me believe.

I agree with this. He's a far better fullback than people give him credit for. He looks slow and so it's easy to criticise.

Every time he's given a run of games he comes good after a couple. Far better going forward than Clichy and if we had a more solid midfield duo/trio, he would be a huge asset to us.

Can't help but feel if Aleks was 1st choice LB and played every week he would be the best attacking fullback in the Premier League. However with Pellegrini's rotation policy I don't think he will ever get the run of games to prove how good he is. It seems like we are going to be signing a LB in the summer and with Clichy being HG, Kolarov is more likely to go. Also, he will be 30 next season and is coming in to his twilight years as a elite level footballer so we will probably be looking to sell while he still has re-sell value anyway.

Personally, I would choose Kolarov over Clichy for what he offers going forward (crosses, free kicks, corners) but for the reasons stated above I think he will be on his way this summer without ever really showing City fans how good he could have been for us.

MCFCBen said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
i for one, think he is better at defending than a lot on here give him credit for.
goal that goes in. When he first came back into the team, was after a knee injury
a particularly bad patch for the whole team. The team is now playing better, Aleks

I agree with this. He's a far better fullback than people give him credit for. He looks slow and so it's easy to criticise.

Every time he's given a run of games he comes good after a couple. Far better going forward than Clichy and if we had a more solid midfield duo/trio, he would be a huge asset to us.

Gonna miss the sweet left foot of his.

Bruun said:
MCFCBen said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

keeping FFP in mind , we cant do a major rebuilding ( along with one marquee signing ) .. and i think given the form Kolarov is in , we can rely on Clichy/Kolarov for one more season and invest on players in other positions in this window ... Or maybe sell one of them and get a backup like Rose

would be great in a 5-3-2 with Zabba out right. i'd like to see this employed at home against lower opposition with Silva, Fernandinho and <insert creative mid> with Aguero/Bony up top.

thing is, we never play wing backs, and he really isnt much of a defender so i can see him going which is a shame cos he offers a lot going forward.

He is marginally better than Clichy but I think we'll keep Clichy because he is home grown. Time to freshen up the left back spot but if we are limited in budget could Angelino step up as back up?

babua_blue said:
Bruun said:
MCFCBen said:

keeping FFP in mind , we cant do a major rebuilding ( along with one marquee signing ) .. and i think given the form Kolarov is in , we can rely on Clichy/Kolarov for one more season and invest on players in other positions in this window ... Or maybe sell one of them and get a backup like Rose

I think we'll be surprised this Summer. I can see us adding all 3 of Pogba, De Bruyne and Sterling. We'll be getting the £25m for Negredo, plus whatever fee we can get for Yaya and getting Milner and Lampard of the wage bill. Possible that we will sell Kolarov, Dzeko and Jovetic. We'll have money to play around with again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.