Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Bruun said:
MCFCBen said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
i for one, think he is better at defending than a lot on here give him credit for.
Obviously a few have a beef about previous run ins, so will blame him for any
goal that goes in. When he first came back into the team, was after a knee injury
and it's taken him a bit to get back match sharpness. This all happened during
a particularly bad patch for the whole team. The team is now playing better, Aleks
looking sharper, defending well, communicating with Mangala.
Over all, i don't think he's as bad a some would have me believe.

I agree with this. He's a far better fullback than people give him credit for. He looks slow and so it's easy to criticise.

Every time he's given a run of games he comes good after a couple. Far better going forward than Clichy and if we had a more solid midfield duo/trio, he would be a huge asset to us.

Gonna miss the sweet left foot of his.
https://youtu.be/DVn05AqgKmE

*misty eyed*

Actually one of the favourite players in the team if I'm honest

He lacks that 1% on the ball that allows him to be a force against the best that Europe has to offer but it's easy to see how much we've missed him in the league this year. The goals are of course huge, but the threat he provides out wide does a lot to help us have some balance. Clichy found a real patch of form this season and kept him out of the team but Clichy's crossing is just nowhere near Kolarov's and our attack suffered a bit as a result.

I'll be sad to see him depart because he's been good for us but can also acknowledge that he's probably not the player we need at this position.

@BluePhil8 said:
babua_blue said:
Bruun said:
Gonna miss the sweet left foot of his.

keeping FFP in mind , we cant do a major rebuilding ( along with one marquee signing ) .. and i think given the form Kolarov is in , we can rely on Clichy/Kolarov for one more season and invest on players in other positions in this window ... Or maybe sell one of them and get a backup like Rose

I think we'll be surprised this Summer. I can see us adding all 3 of Pogba, De Bruyne and Sterling. We'll be getting the £25m for Negredo, plus whatever fee we can get for Yaya and getting Milner and Lampard of the wage bill. Possible that we will sell Kolarov, Dzeko and Jovetic. We'll have money to play around with again.

Unfortunately that has already been spunked/Wasted on Bony

There were too many left back rumours to not sign one imo. Sandro, Kurzawa, Rose, Creswell etc...

But Kolarov did well recently, also lott better going forward than Clichy ever will be. But his defensive skills are just not good enough and cn be a weak point in big CL games or tougher PL games.

Clichy isnt lot much better bt he is home grown.

So imo Kolarov is the one we will sell and probably he is the one we could get 2-3m more than Clichy.

the originalkippaxman said:
@BluePhil8 said:
babua_blue said:
keeping FFP in mind , we cant do a major rebuilding ( along with one marquee signing ) .. and i think given the form Kolarov is in , we can rely on Clichy/Kolarov for one more season and invest on players in other positions in this window ... Or maybe sell one of them and get a backup like Rose

I think we'll be surprised this Summer. I can see us adding all 3 of Pogba, De Bruyne and Sterling. We'll be getting the £25m for Negredo, plus whatever fee we can get for Yaya and getting Milner and Lampard of the wage bill. Possible that we will sell Kolarov, Dzeko and Jovetic. We'll have money to play around with again.

Give it a rest petal......no need to embarrass yourself in another thread.

FantasyIreland said:
the originalkippaxman said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Give it a rest petal......no need to embarrass yourself in another thread.

Not a problem Nonce

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.