Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Damanino said:
There were too many left back rumours to not sign one imo. Sandro, Kurzawa, Rose, Creswell etc...

But Kolarov did well recently, also lott better going forward than Clichy ever will be. But his defensive skills are just not good enough and cn be a weak point in big CL games or tougher PL games.

Clichy isnt lot much better bt he is home grown.

So imo Kolarov is the one we will sell and probably he is the one we could get 2-3m more than Clichy.
I think his recent form may keep him here. You look at his delivery, his set piece threat, his widening of our play and you realise he'll take up to 20m to replace. Just look at Shaw, Moreno, Luis etc. Not cheap but worse.

He's better than a lot of people on here give him credit for. Sometimes he has a poor game, but more often he is decent IMO. His free kicks & assists justify his place in the squad.

He isn't perfect, but City always seem to create more chances with Kolarov in the team. In fact he suffers from the same lack of midfield support as Navas on the other flank. with nobody busting a gut to be in the middle, for those crosses that fly across the goal.

He also scored from free kicks against Real Madrid and Napoli so i wouln't say that he's a complete liability in the Champions League.

pudge said:
Puteulanus luna said:
clichy offers 0% to our attacking play.
the way we play kolarov is by far the best option.
Well that's not true

Half true ... Bit harsh to say Clichy offers 0% to attacking

Kolarov is a better attacking full-back no doubt and then there's his free-kicks which are gold-dust ... Problem is he looks all at sea sometimes defensively ... We ideally need a left-back that combines the best features of both players ,,, not asking for much then!!

TrueBlue1705 said:
pudge said:
Puteulanus luna said:
clichy offers 0% to our attacking play.
the way we play kolarov is by far the best option.
Well that's not true

Half true ... Bit harsh to say Clichy offers 0% to attacking

Kolarov is a better attacking full-back no doubt and then there's his free-kicks which are gold-dust ... Problem is he looks all at sea sometimes defensively ... We ideally need a left-back that combines the best features of both players ,,, not asking for much then!!

Mostly true, Kolarov way ahead in the attackng stakes but does look at sea at the back sometimes,...but there again so does Clichy!

Kolorov is good when he gives a shit. But for me that is not often enough. I would get rid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.