Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

Re: Boyata

cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:
cleavers said:
Just thought I'd bump his thread, thought he had a pretty solid game today, didn't do much wrong, and I thought him and Mangala looked OK together, considering Kolarov was having another 'mare, and it was like playing three at the back first half. He's doing the job required, allowing Demichelis a well earned rest today, he looks a lot more confident than he has previously.

Agreed mate. I like him and think he's showing he can slot in and out and do a job. He's at last showing some progression again, after seeming to stand still for the last three years. His passing is better and he's more comfortable on the ball.

When he was 18 I thought he could go all the way with us.
He still might, he's still young for a CB, the thing for me today was that he looked confident, did the simple stuff well, yes the odd mistake, but no more than Vinny makes in a game.

We should no longer be nervous if he's playing there, I think MP's management of him has been very good, he's given the lad confidence, he'll never be first choice, but he's good cover. Confidence is a huge part of being a CB, so well done the manager, and well done the player.

Never again at RB though :)

^ this

Re: Boyata

tonea2003 said:
cheddar404 said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Thought he played very well yesterday
So did I. I thought be was better than Mangala.

me too, fair play to the lad did ok, there's always a howler in him but thankfully not yesterday

Best defender and more composed than I have seen before, trusts his team mates in tight areas and his passing was v good. He could save us a few quid, won't find out unless he gets a run though. Keep it up Derdryk

The more I see of him the more impressive he looks. He actually has more composure on the ball than Mangala. Although it was a friendly he marshalled the defence very well today.

jollylescott said:
The more I see of him the more impressive he looks. He actually has more composure on the ball than Mangala. Although it was a friendly he marshalled the defence very well today.

For someone who's been so roundly mocked on here for being shit, his last couple of appearances for the club have been very creditable. Granted today was only a friendly but I agree he looked to marshall the defence very well.

Mister Appointment said:
jollylescott said:

For someone who's been so roundly mocked on here for being shit, his last couple of appearances for the club have been very creditable. Granted today was only a friendly but I agree he looked to marshall the defence very well.

I was mocked a couple of years ago for saying that he would come good in time. He will, in my view. He may yet be the future CH with Mangala. Who knows?

For the last time, the one thing for sure is that he is now an adopted son of Manchester and is in no hurry to leave his [and my] beloved Didsbury. I believe that his growing assurance and maturity reflects his contentedness, which is not to be confused with complacency, of course.

Oh, and now [I assume that] he is a homegrown player.

coleridge said:
Mister Appointment said:
jollylescott said:

I was mocked a couple of years ago for saying that he would come good in time. He will, in my view. He may yet be the future CH with Mangala. Who knows?

For the last time, the one thing for sure is that he is now an adopted son of Manchester and is in no hurry to leave his [and my] beloved Didsbury. I believe that his growing assurance and maturity reflects his contentedness, which is not to be confused with complacency, of course.

Oh, and now [I assume that] he is a homegrown player.
HG and Club Trained since he's been here forever.
I wouldn't have been one of the ones mocking you, I've always thought he had it in him. He just needs the belief in him to give him a few games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.