Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

Gaylord du Bois said:
Balti said:
Ric said:
I'm certainly not a "hater", as you put it. I thought his touch and hold-up play wasn't great today, but I'm eternally grateful for two more vital goals which could be decisive in the title race. Which bit do you disagree with?

I think I disagree with ''generally poor today'' when he won the game for us
By that logic it could be said that Joe Hart won us the game today.

true

he was generally poor too

pudge said:
JasminBosnia said:
Still reading this thread, there are some quality posts.

As far as posters who are slagging him off, just check their post history... Nothing has changed regardless of his performances.

BTW, Hello pudge, long time no see here.
Be sure to check that abuse I gave him in the match thread

He always score when you do that :).

Gaylord du Bois said:
Balti said:
Ric said:
I'm certainly not a "hater", as you put it. I thought his touch and hold-up play wasn't great today, but I'm eternally grateful for two more vital goals which could be decisive in the title race. Which bit do you disagree with?

I think I disagree with ''generally poor today'' when he won the game for us
By that logic it could be said that Joe Hart won us the game today.

How did I miss Hart goals?

The thing about Dzeko is that he is always healthy and you know what you are getting when you play him. He is a natural-born goal scorer and even if he is messing up in a game, you know that it doesn't make him any less dangerous. He changes games in a split second. This season he has been on the job 24/7, always there for the coach. Kun has been hurt real badly and he needs a good rest to regain complete form and Negredo has not been the same since the injury. But Edin has just been available almost for the entire run for City and when you put him out there, you just know that he is the guy who can pull out a rabbit out the hat no matter how City is playing and where City is playing. Because of that, I think Manuel Pellegrini will not let him go so easy.

It's the whole expectation from some fans now of what is required from players on the pitch that's hard to live with.

Loads of comments about him today, 2 goals yeah but he played crap...cant hold the ball up etc etc. Ahhh a striker that we expect more from than just scoring goals. If only every striker we had were aguero-level then maybe people would stop complaining. It's like expecting every defender to be able to play 30 yard passes...or every midfielder to be able to tackle (yaya?), score, win headers (yaya?) etc etc.

Expectations from some fans is a joke. One day we'll have the world's best player playing in each position with the complete all round game for that position....ahhhh of course, no we won't. So fucking live with and get used to the fact we have a striker on the pitch who ain't a Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero etc, but scores vital goals every season.

ChichesterBlue said:
It's the whole expectation from some fans now of what is required from players on the pitch that's hard to live with.

Loads of comments about him today, 2 goals yeah but he played crap...cant hold the ball up etc etc. Ahhh a striker that we expect more from than just scoring goals. If only every striker we had were aguero-level then maybe people would stop complaining. It's like expecting every defender to be able to play 30 yard passes...or every midfielder to be able to tackle (yaya?), score, win headers (yaya?) etc etc.

Expectations from some fans is a joke. One day we'll have the world's best player playing in each position with the complete all round game for that position....ahhhh of course, no we won't. So fucking live with and get used to the fact we have a striker on the pitch who ain't a Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero etc, but scores vital goals every season.

THIS

tonygt123 said:
ChichesterBlue said:

THIS

personally I hate it when a striker scores two goals in a crucial game like that

he's so shit ffs

ChichesterBlue said:

Exactly, and bringing something different to the table is also not to be underestimated. With Dzeko in the team, the opposition has to prepare for set pieces and use tall defenders, which opens them up to Aguero, Silva and Nasri.

Quite simple, even if someone doesn't rate a player generally, anyone who comes to his thread to express that on a day when he scored two goals and won a game that might help us win a title is extraordinary miserable ****.

And there's no softer words to say it.

Balti said:
tonygt123 said:
ChichesterBlue said:

THIS

personally I hate it when a striker scores two goals in a crucial game like that

he's so shit ffs

You're just being petty now.

What's wrong with acknowledging the importance of his goals (and his first was superb), but also commenting on his all round game.

Dismissing critics as "haters" is stupidly simplistic. I certainly don't hate him, or indeed any of our players, but it's daft if you can't comment objectively on their performances.

His goals today, and over the course of the season, have been vital and he's an integral part of the squad. It doesn't mean he's immune from criticism though. It's all about opinions, and there's little point in having a forum if you can't express them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.