Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

Think he played well today. When he puts in the effort he is a good guy to have around. Very good target man who scores important goals. Not bad for a third choice striker at all. Its those games where he clearly couldn't give a shit that has hurt his reputation among blues. To be fair these are becoming much less frequent. He has been generally good in 2014.

Dzeko is effective and unconventional, small minds will never get beyond the unconventional side of him.

That 3 minutes he spent down with a "shoulder injury" is the best bit of defending all season from all of our players, yet most on here would rather see him aimlessly press centre backs.

King Geedorah said:
Dzeko is effective and unconventional, small minds will never get beyond the unconventional side of him.

That 3 minutes he spent down with a "shoulder injury" is the best bit of defending all season from all of our players, yet most on here would rather see him aimlessly press centre backs.
Man it is so refreshing reading a pragmatic post sometimes. Good post mate.

Project said:
Think he played well today. When he puts in the effort he is a good guy to have around. Very good target man who scores important goals. Not bad for a third choice striker at all. Its those games where he clearly couldn't give a shit that has hurt his reputation among blues. To be fair these are becoming much less frequent. He has been generally good in 2014.

Please tell me you're counting Toure as a striker or something because I thought the Negredo myth died out about 3 months ago.

King Geedorah said:
Project said:

Please tell me you're counting Toure as a striker or something because I thought the Negredo myth died out about 3 months ago.

"The Negredo myth". Nice way to talk about one of our players - one who has been crucial to be where we are this season - as has Dzeko.

FWIW I think Negredo is a better player, period than Dzeko. But is lacking in confidence/out of form. Dzeko has put in a good run so Negredo hasn't had a chance to get a run of games in to get back on track. The title race too crucial to be playing players back into form. He will be fine next season.

TonyM said:
yeah whatever !! said:
TonyM said:
Hope we get a decent offer for him early in the transfer window. He is a good striker but he is beyond lazy and has an awful touch both of which hamper our progress as a team. He scored two goals and I was still disgusted with him today.

At least his price might have risen this season.

Only Suarez has scored more away goals this season than Dzeko..

As I said he's a good striker but I think that a different striker would see us score more goals as a team. Too many times his touch or decision making ends a decent attack. And generally IMO he is lazy. It will cost us if we don't address our obvious faults. We'd should have learned that lesson last season. Obviously though any change will come with risks.

It's a tall order to get someone better than Dzeko but best to sell him for the highest bidder in the window and hope to pick someone up earlier. I'm hopeful that we have cover to cope if the right guy doesn't come along.

Serious question fella....Are you being serious with that post??

Thing is ,what are we all going to argue about when Edin goes? It's going to leave a hole in my life, I can tell you.
I guarantee that Edin has generated more pages on this forum, hands down, than any other player over the last three years. He should get some sort of prize for it, in fact. . .

dante79 said:
Haters will always hate no matter how good the player is. Haters expect dzeko to b able to play all positions.. hey, Ageuro is good but Dzeko is better physicaĺly, shooting n aerial. I prefer dzeko as our top striker. Aguero is not a top striker but his position is behind the top striker.
Hello edin, well played yesterday.ignore the fuckeds.scored 2, defended well, but to be truly perfect can you not go in goals as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.