Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

Puppet Master Silva said:
noise said:
I don't understand why you're bringing Aguero into this. He's a completely different player who didn't play tonight.

This season I have rarely seen Dzeko go missing. Usually when he's not playing well he's making mistakes which everyone notices, they normally each get accounted for in matchday threads. That's not missing.

Don't get me wrong Aguero is world class. But he's not without faults, injury prone being one of them.

As Michael Cox put it, Aguero is difficult to play with for a number 9 (Dzeko), as evident from the Everton game. As soon as Aguero was gone, Dzeko was on fire.

Dzeko is an entirely different type of player and he's having a hard time establishing the partnership with Aguero, I dunno, somehow he was able to set the all time Bundesliga record of the most lethal partnership with Grafite, and in the Euro World Cup Qualifiers him and Ibisevic are in the top 3 of top scorers. Perhaps Dzeko's intelligence is not an issue? Maybe they are just incompatible.

Dzeko has scored 12 goals since Jan (most in Prem), heavy goals too. But you still seem to have a hard on for him for some reason.

Because outside of goals Edin doesn't offer that much to the team. His goals have been crucial as I've said on countless occasions, but if he doesn't score, more often than not he has a bad game. Next season we'll be hoping to get Jovetic fit and firing and if he can jel with Aguero then I imagine that would be the first choice pairing. Edin has been so good over the 2nd half of the season because he's been the main man, with everyone fit next season I don't think that'll be the case.

Also I think we both have different definitions of hard on.
Here we go again.

The striker with most defensive clearances offers nothing more than goals. His hold up play is pretty good, his aerial duels are a great way to alleviate pressure like he provided during Bayern game. His set piece defensive contributions are immense (he had a couple yesterday I thought). He tracks back and presses for ball.

He's no Aguero when it comes to dribbling, and direct play, but he's not bad. You mention he did nothing in the first half. He sometimes loses the defenders by going to one of the wings to try and participate in the build up and he does pretty well at it too. Like yesterday. He was what started the build up to the Nasri chance which should have been a goal.

The gif doesn't start early enough, but there was a pretty good combo between him and Millner to get it going (look at him drag the defenders inwards to open up for a cross):
RashDifficultGermanshorthairedpointer.gif

]
noise said:
noise said:
I don't understand why you're bringing Aguero into this. He's a completely different player who didn't play tonight.

This season I have rarely seen Dzeko go missing. Usually when he's not playing well he's making mistakes which everyone notices, they normally each get accounted for in matchday threads. That's not missing.

Don't get me wrong Aguero is world class. But he's not without faults, injury prone being one of them.

As Michael Cox put it, Aguero is difficult to play with for a number 9 (Dzeko), as evident from the Everton game. As soon as Aguero was gone, Dzeko was on fire.

Dzeko is an entirely different type of player and he's having a hard time establishing the partnership with Aguero, I dunno, somehow he was able to set the all time Bundesliga record of the most lethal partnership with Grafite, and in the Euro World Cup Qualifiers him and Ibisevic are in the top 3 of top scorers. Perhaps Dzeko's intelligence is not an issue? Maybe they are just incompatible.

Dzeko has scored 12 goals since Jan (most in Prem), heavy goals too. But you still seem to have a hard on for him for some reason.

Because outside of goals Edin doesn't offer that much to the team. His goals have been crucial as I've said on countless occasions, but if he doesn't score, more often than not he has a bad game. Next season we'll be hoping to get Jovetic fit and firing and if he can jel with Aguero then I imagine that would be the first choice pairing. Edin has been so good over the 2nd half of the season because he's been the main man, with everyone fit next season I don't think that'll be the case.

Here we go again.

The striker with most defensive clearances offers nothing more than goals. His hold up play is pretty good, his aerial duels are a great way to alleviate pressure like he provided during Bayern game. His set piece defensive contributions are immense (he had a couple yesterday I thought). He tracks back and presses for ball.

He's no Aguero when it comes to dribbling, and direct play, but he's not bad. You mention he did nothing in the first half. He sometimes loses the defenders by going to one of the wings to try and participate in the build up and he does pretty well at it too. Like yesterday. He was what started the build up to the Nasri chance which should have been a goal.

The gif doesn't start early enough, but there was a pretty good combo between him and Millner to get it going:

You literally just showed a gif of Milner crossing the ball to Nasri I'm defence of Dzeko doing something in the first half. That is literally all you could find? His link up play is average at best and we're talking about a striker not a centre half. And whilst you claim his hold up play is good he doesn't do it nearly enough, I recall one areal duel in te first half where he was just shrugged to the ground.

citymad said:
I was at the game and I've since watched highlights, we both know you're going to defend Dzeko regardless of performance. He has scored some invaluable goals recently that I'll be forever grateful for, but the difference between when a striker of Aguero's intelligence leads the line is clear as day. Aguero runs the channels which drags the defenders all over the place, so when they have a set defence of 8 like Villa had tonight it causes confusion and drags defenders out of position, the amount of times we get in behind with our fullbacks Edin should be scoring this many goals. I don't want to criticise him at the moment to be honest, but he does go missing for large periods of the game and for me scoring a tap in doesn't always make up for it. Yaya was the same tonight, had a really poor game and then grabs a quality assist and a ridiculous goal so all is forgotten and MOTD highlight his genius.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Yaya and Edin were both excellent tonight. Yaya was at the heart of everything. The players found it tough to break through a 6-3-1 formation. It was a fantastic team performance tonight, probably the best I've seen city play this season.

Did we watch the same first half? What did either do in the first half?

Same as every other city player try and pick the lock, they had 10 players in the penalty box.I really can't believe your having a pop at any of our players last night. They were all superb and were relentless on their attempts to get a goal. Really couldn't do much more. They couldn't get through the middle so they went wide which was exactly the right approach against team playing 6 a cross the back. We won 4-0 FFS.

MSP said:
Actually angry person, it wasn't me who brought up Bony if you actually read the quotes above, I just defended my previous argument. And yes, that's exactly what I'm doing, I hate Yaya he's proper rubbish ain't he. 1 point off the title so we can't discuss players performances on a football forum! If you want to come in here and try to pull someone up on something how about you get your facts straight. Also calling me a "Prick" or a "twat" really strengthens your moronic argument even further.

The quoting on my phone is fucking up but I'm sure that even MSP can work out that this is directed at him.

I'm not really the one to make friends when I see people being stupid enough to talk about players being poor before scoring 2 goals and one goal + assist respectively in a game that made their team to come one point away from the title.

It's OK if you note something like that during the game and before they make that contribution, I did say today in match thread that Zaba rarely does anything with the ball when he comes to some great attacking positions just for him to shit all over my words later, but to do it after the game and such huge contribution to three points both Dzeko and Yaya did is just miserable thing to talk about.

I'd love if I could react on different way as it's not nice, and I'd probably would be better to apologize but it would be fake so I won't.

They were having a bad game in my opinion up until their goals and assist, this doesn't change after a goal regardless of where we are in the league. I celebrated and sang both of their names at the game, this is a forum to discuss players and their performance which is what I'm doing.

I wouldn't expect an apology off someone so aggressive.

I couldn't care if you do to be honest.

Cheers

]
noise said:

Here we go again.

The gif doesn't start early enough, but there was a pretty good combo between him and Millner to get it going:

You literally just showed a gif of Milner crossing the ball to Nasri I'm defence of Dzeko doing something in the first half. That is literally all you could find? His link up play is average at best and we're talking about a striker not a centre half. And whilst you claim his hold up play is good he doesn't do it nearly enough, I recall one areal duel in te first half where he was just shrugged to the ground.
He is shit, we need to replace him with Bony you're right.

noise said:
]
noise said:
Here we go again.

He is shit, we need to replace him with Bony you're right.

And there it is!

Throw enough logic in these peoples face and they'll resort to this stuff eventually. I love this thread as it's like no other on BM, it's comparable to RAWK with the lack of common sense and trying to shoot anyone down with an opinion that isn't "Edin Dzeko legend".

I've been fairly ambivalent about Dzeko for a while. Excellent and infuriating in equal measure. I will say this, however; Liverpool have had the wankfest that is Suarez and Sturridge pretty much fit all season. We've had Aguero, injured for about half the season, Jovetic even more injured and Negredo who hasn't been with it since new year. Which has left us with one striker. Who's top of the league?

Dzeko might not be Messi but he's done enough in (hopefully from Sunday) two of all time 4 City's titles, just like many other from this squad, to be considered City legend. People who don't get that are just miserable..

And opinions don't always need to be academically respected, sometimes they deserve to be seen with this approach:

10348624_736485656412399_1393789180778614169_n.jpg

I have this pic on my computer for months, finally time came to use it, was waiting patiently :D

Edin is a good guy as well as a good player. Great to hear all the praise he gave Yaya last night on MOTD, even though Edin won us the game and hopefully the title.

As I wrote earlier in the season, chat to fans of othe leading PL teams and virtually all of them would like to have Edin playing for their team.

Also, let's get this right. Pellers is taking a lot of credit for "saving" Edin's City career but it is Edin who has really kick started Manuel's job as our manager .

Tim of the Oak said:
Edin is a good guy as well as a good player. Great to hear all the praise he gave Yaya last night on MOTD, even though Edin won us the game and hopefully the title.

As I wrote earlier in the season, chat to fans of othe leading PL teams and virtually all of them would like to have Edin playing for their team.

Also, let's get this right. Pellers is taking a lot of credit for "saving" Edin's City career but it is Edin who has really kick started Manuel's job as our manager .

For fucks sake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.