Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

BoundedCascade said:
It has taken a while but the man has convinced me. I still usually cannot stand the missed chances but lately he has been in great form and am convinced of his value and needing to sign him to a new contract.

He has been as much the fucking man as Zab recently.
Would any of us, want to play against him now? I doubt it

Happy we have taken the lad to our hearts, he has soldiered on : true character

Zizi4City said:
pudge said:
Zizi4City said:
He will not leave because nobody gives a shit what pricks like PMS think.
I would say given the amount of responses and references he is getting, you give perhaps a few shits

No I don't.

To echo what Pudge is saying why do you keep mentioning me then?

Been called a prick or a twat quite a lot in this thread recently, it tends to be the people who can't quite turn their feelings into a valid argument.

Just re-sign him and be done with it. Negredo was the man earlier in the season, but his injury seems to have stuffed his confidence. Aguero scores for fun and is our best striker, but has spent too many minutes on the treatment table. Dzeko's goals of late have been invaluable, and could be argued are the only reason we are in the top position, on the verge of taking the title. He may not be the best or most liked, but his contribution in the goals department will be responsible for landing us the EPL crown.

I cannot think of many others I would prefer in the team for goals scored, I suppose apart from Suarez, but is he worth breaking the bank for if we currently have Dzeko who with his height adds a different dimension to the team. Give him a new contract for what he has contributed over the past few seasons, and save the transfer fee to use on a position we really need.

colesy said:
Just re-sign him and be done with it. Negredo was the man earlier in the season, but his injury seems to have stuffed his confidence. Aguero scores for fun and is our best striker, but has spent too many minutes on the treatment table. Dzeko's goals of late have been invaluable, and could be argued are the only reason we are in the top position, on the verge of taking the title. He may not be the best or most liked, but his contribution in the goals department will be responsible for landing us the EPL crown.

I cannot think of many others I would prefer in the team for goals scored, I suppose apart from Suarez, but is he worth breaking the bank for if we currently have Dzeko who with his height adds a different dimension to the team. Give him a new contract for what he has contributed over the past few seasons, and save the transfer fee to use on a position we really need.

Well said, Sure Dzeko isn't the most fluid striker in our squad but he has a knack for stepping up in the most crucial games/moments. Hope no one forgot his header against apt that got us back into the game in 2012, and this season when our boys were l

colesy said:

Well said, Sure Dzeko isn't the most fluid striker in our squad but he has a knack for stepping up in the most crucial games/moments. Hope no one forgot his header against QPR that got us back into the game in 2012, and this season when our boys were looking down and out he really fired into form. I've realized he's invaluable in our squad.

Negredo will bounce back, every player has off-spells, his workrate and everything is fine, he is testing keepers.

Get Edin signed up before the World Cup, his pricetag will go up and up.

If Edin decides he wants to go then fair do's,but I think pellegrini being the good manager he is will do his upmost to get Edin signed up to a new contract..

Bluep*ss said:
Just an idea - can't start another thread - On Sunday after 10 mins. why do we not start singing "Edin Dzeko' oh" - 10 is his shirt number.
Make him feel wanted.

That's a great idea. At 10th min sing his song for the whole minute.

Dzekos Smile said:
Bluep*ss said:
Just an idea - can't start another thread - On Sunday after 10 mins. why do we not start singing "Edin Dzeko' oh" - 10 is his shirt number.
Make him feel wanted.

That's a great idea. At 10th min sing his song for the whole minute.

As its last day, why not do it for all the players when the minutes reach the shirt numbers..ie 1st min joe Hart..Englands number 1.... Vinny 4th min etc
Poss team, (if same as weds)
1. Hart
4. Vinny
5. Zabs
7. Jimmy
8. Saminaz
10.Dzekoohoh
13. Kolarocket
14.j Garcia
21.Merlin
26. Demichelis
42.Yaya

just a thought as they have all done their bit to get us within a shout of the title..

Puppet Master Silva - just not to misunderstand my previous post to you:

Although probably not in those exact quotes/words (irrelevant, really), you DID say that Dzeko doesnt beat his marker/doesnt move in the box - something along those lines. And if you dont see how wrong that assertion is I really have no nerves to try to convince you otherwise.
Not all of his goals are tap-ins (actually, all strikers get a fair share of those). So - I'm sorry but you could not score close to what, 70 goals for City over three years if you cant beat your guy and if you dont move well in or around the box. Just a silly assertion to make IMO.

On your theory that Dzeko would not be the main option next year - that is just dependent on too many factors (just to point out some):
a) How fit will Kun (and Jovetic for that matter) be able to stay? He now gets injured quite often, so you cannot be assured he'll stay healthy.
b) Negredo is a great striker, but still needs to prove himself in EPL on a consistent basis. What if that doesnt turn out the way we hope for?
c) Given a and b, Dzeko is your safest bet right now - you know what to expect from him, with all his weaknesses (which of course he has).
d) There are just not many strikers outthere who would be an upgrade over him, that are REALISTICALLY available to sign up.

Add all of those factors in - and I dont think you can say (yet) "dzeko will not be a first choice next year"....you'd think he wouldnt be a first choice in THIS run-in...but guess what - sh*t happens. At least he can deliver - why would you get rid of him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.