Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

Puppet Master Silva said:
MSP said:
Bony is good player, who knows, maybe he'd score as many as Dzeko or even more.

But in same time, many would swap Edin for Michu in a heartbeat last summer and look how it would finish.

But firstly at all it's so out of order to talk about that at this point when Edin is scoring them left, right and center.

The thing is I've given Edin so much credit for his form so I don't really see it as disrespectful. My reasoning has been that Dzeko will not be the main man next season, and when he hasn't been the main striker previously he's struggled to find consistent form.

Imagine we have all 4 strikers fit at the start of next season, Negredo will return to form and if Jovetic gets past his injuries he has the potential to nail down a starting position. Where does that leave Edin? By some of the Bosnians own admissions he doesn't play well with Aguero. There is no way he can come in and out of the team and score as consistently as he has done since January, so for me I wouldn't want to keep the Dzeko we had from 2011-2013.

If we have all strikers fit obviously Aguero is certain to play, but who is to play alongside him, at the moment that is easily Dzeko. As I have mentioned before, Negredo had a half season of his life, all of you expecting him to repeat that are probably going to get disappointed. Jovetic has shown glimpses of what he could do but he still has a lot to prove. Also Jovetic isnt really Dzekos competition like Negredo, he is not a tipical forward like Dzeko, hes more of a second striker/attacking midfielder and can be used at variety of positions neither of which is central striker.
On the other hand you got Dzeko who has been 3 seasons at the club, constantly scoring despite limited playing time, with great minutes to goal ratio and yet you are suggesting hes going to have a hard time getting in starting 11, I think is the other way around, specially after this title (hopefully) wining performances.
Also take into account we will again be going for all 4 trophies, so there will be plenty of playing time for everyone, even Negredo :)

Puppet Master Silva said:
Zizi4City said:
pudge said:
I would say given the amount of responses and references he is getting, you give perhaps a few shits

No I don't.

To echo what Pudge is saying why do you keep mentioning me then?

Been called a prick or a twat quite a lot in this thread recently, it tends to be the people who can't quite turn their feelings into a valid argument.

Yeah, your arguments are so valid that we should start measuring validity of arguments by PMS units.
For instance:
Puppet Master Silva is a troll. = Validity of argument: 1000pms.

yeah whatever !! said:
Dzekos Smile said:
Bluep*ss said:
Just an idea - can't start another thread - On Sunday after 10 mins. why do we not start singing "Edin Dzeko' oh" - 10 is his shirt number.
Make him feel wanted.

That's a great idea. At 10th min sing his song for the whole minute.

As its last day, why not do it for all the players when the minutes reach the shirt numbers..ie 1st min joe Hart..Englands number 1.... Vinny 4th min etc
Poss team, (if same as weds)
1. Hart
4. Vinny
5. Zabs
7. Jimmy
8. Saminaz
10.Dzekoohoh
13. Kolarocket
14.j Garcia
21.Merlin
26. Demichelis
42.Yaya

just a thought as they have all done their bit to get us within a shout of the title..

Well, that would be like being at the Eurovision Songcontest :)

yeah whatever !! said:
Dzekos Smile said:
Bluep*ss said:
Just an idea - can't start another thread - On Sunday after 10 mins. why do we not start singing "Edin Dzeko' oh" - 10 is his shirt number.
Make him feel wanted.

As its last day, why not do it for all the players when the minutes reach the shirt numbers..ie 1st min joe Hart..Englands number 1.... Vinny 4th min etc
1. Hart
4. Vinny
5. Zabs
7. Jimmy
8. Saminaz
10.Dzekoohoh
13. Kolarocket
14.j Garcia
21.Merlin
26. Demichelis
42.Yaya

just a thought as they have all done their bit to get us within a shout of the title..

We'll have to bring on some EDS players at half-time or it'll be a bit quiet in the second half.

I like him and he does weigh in with his fair share of important goals and I'd love him to sign a new contract. However, I think his overall play will stop him being first choice/guaranteed starter and he'll decide to go elsewhere.

yeah whatever !! said:
Dzekos Smile said:
Bluep*ss said:
Make him feel wanted.

1. Hart
4. Vinny
5. Zabs
7. Jimmy
8. Saminaz
10.Dzekoohoh
13. Kolarocket
14.j Garcia
21.Merlin
26. Demichelis
42.Yaya

Fantastic idea - but it will be a quiet 2nd half :-)

PhuketBlue said:
I like him and he does weigh in with his fair share of important goals and I'd love him to sign a new contract. However, I think his overall play will stop him being first choice/guaranteed starter and he'll decide to go elsewhere.

You get 650pms for above arguments.

CaliforniaBlue said:
yeah whatever !! said:
Dzekos Smile said:

1. Hart
4. Vinny
5. Zabs
7. Jimmy
8. Saminaz
10.Dzekoohoh
13. Kolarocket
14.j Garcia
21.Merlin
26. Demichelis
42.Yaya

We'll have to bring on some EDS players at half-time or it'll be a bit quiet in the second half.

second half is for the fans to bite their nails off..

Zizi4City said:
PhuketBlue said:

You get 650pms for above arguments.

????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.