Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought tonight was one of his better performances in a City shirt. At least he tried in the first 12 minutes to play the ball quicker, and even forwards on the odd occasion!

Don't get me wrong, he was still about a 5 out of 10, but that's as good as it gets from this nail. How he gets a game ahead of Fernandinho is an absolute mystery of Lord Lucan proportions.

He's been poor recently, not sure if he is just having a bad patch or if he is just not very good in the first place. He did well first game of the season against Newcastle & in the Roma away game, so there may be a player in there somewhere. Watching him in the last few games he doesn't look like he offers anything though. My heart sinks when I see his name on the team sheet at the moment.

Juan King said:
He's been poor recently, not sure if he is just having a bad patch or if he is just not very good in the first place. He did well first game of the season against Newcastle & in the Roma away game, so there may be a player in there somewhere. Watching him in the last few games he doesn't look like he offers anything though. My heart sinks when I see his name on the team sheet at the moment.

Sorry mate but a 'bad patch.' That is two game you have listed where he has be adequate and no more, he did his job in those games.

The other games he has been 'anonymous' shall we say, and that is simply not good enough.

This isn't a wind up but I don't get the hate towards the player at all. His natural game is to keep it simple doesn't dive into tackles and he is an effective presser. A player who suits a possession based side.

Ray78 said:
This isn't a wind up but I don't get the hate towards the player at all. His natural game is to keep it simple doesn't dive into tackles and he is an effective presser. A player who suits a possession based side.
Ray I told you to get those new glasses checked.

He doesn't just not dive into tackles, he doesn't tackle! He has the speed and agility of an African elephant. He makes Yaya look positively nimble!

He was better tonight but still not up to the standard we require. I will say though that he was hung out to dry by Yaya who did fuck all defensive work and was barely in in a jog in his efforts to get back behind the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.