Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
without a dream said:
Bless him.

He does give me hop that if we ever did decide to play a youth player we'd be quite good at integrating them though, Yaya babysits him when we have possession, telling him where to stand and what to do, pretty funny to watch.

Yaya does the same with Dinho to be fair :D

I think we should give Zuculini a shot at Fernando's role in August.

Ray78 said:
This isn't a wind up but I don't get the hate towards the player at all. His natural game is to keep it simple doesn't dive into tackles and he is an effective presser. A player who suits a possession based side.

He is absolutely not, in fact he's the exact opposite. A player who supposedly is excellent at stopping other teams on the counter. The fact that he will only ever pick the easiest option when in possession means that in a game like last night he is nearly 100% redundant.

We've been crying out all season to see him in a holding role in a 451 in the big games as that is his game, but now I just want rid of him as he is nowhere near good enough.

Wretched Vengeance said:
Juan King said:
He's been poor recently, not sure if he is just having a bad patch or if he is just not very good in the first place. He did well first game of the season against Newcastle & in the Roma away game, so there may be a player in there somewhere. Watching him in the last few games he doesn't look like he offers anything though. My heart sinks when I see his name on the team sheet at the moment.

Sorry mate but a 'bad patch.' That is two game you have listed where he has be adequate and no more, he did his job in those games.

The other games he has been 'anonymous' shall we say, and that is simply not good enough.

Apart from the two games I mentioned, I'm struggling to think of anything else positive to say about him at the moment. He does look miles off the pace. It might just be that it will take longer for him to settle in, but it might just be that he is just not good enough.

He was fortunate not to give a pen away last night, which if given could have put us right in the shit.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Ray78 said:
This isn't a wind up but I don't get the hate towards the player at all. His natural game is to keep it simple doesn't dive into tackles and he is an effective presser. A player who suits a possession based side.

He is absolutely not, in fact he's the exact opposite. A player who supposedly is excellent at stopping other teams on the counter. The fact that he will only ever pick the easiest option when in possession means that in a game like last night he is nearly 100% redundant.

We've been crying out all season to see him in a holding role in a 451 in the big games as that is his game, but now I just want rid of him as he is nowhere near good enough.

he can't play in a 451 in big games if the manager plays 442.

de niro said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Ray78 said:

he can't play in a 451 in big games if the manager plays 442.

and why he keeps persisting with this formation (and with Fernando as one of the middle 2), despite the problems we have incurred time and time again, is something I will never get my head around.

as much as we all want players to do well but unfortunatley fernando is very very poor. he just hasn't adapted to the pace of the prem and does not look comfortable on the ball. i think he will be gone in summer and i think zucculini should be given a chance or another young player

I haven't been impressed overall.

Fernando protects the defence better than Yaya or Fernandinho, but distribution simply isn't good enough.

He isn't suited to a two man midfield in the Premiership. In a midfield trio with Yaya and Fernandinho, I think he would do well, but we never play that.

I'm not sure why we signed Fernando if we were going to play him in a midfield two alongside Yaya. There's plenty better options than him for that particular role.

Fernando is a limited defensive midfielder, who's best at the base of a midfield trio, but looks a little lost and slow for a midfield two.

Painful watching him last night, he's just got no dynamism or energy about his play. My lad now only refers to him as "Reges" as Fernando sounds like a good footballer !

ell said:
Considering he was in a 4 man midfield with alongside Yaya I dont think he did TOO badly tonight, maybe because hes been so shite im looking to give him some credit but I honestly thought he did ok
Let's be honest if the ref did his job properly and gave the penalty against him you would not have been saying he's done ok

The worrying thing is.......he seems to be regressing,almost as if his confidence is shot.

The player we signed from Portugal is not the one now wearing our shirt,lack of fitness? confidence? or both? whatever the problem,its becoming chronic.......and as much as we're lacking options......i think for his own good,and that of the team,he needs taking out of the spotlight.

I know he's young but Kean Bryan surely wouldn't be any worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.