Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must rank as one of the top 5 worst signings of the Mansour era!

He is a very poor player with all due respect to him and to be honest I am not convinced even a team like Leicester would take him.

Epitome of a YouTube player.

Hopefully Txiki can work some magic and get close to £10m for him.

It turns out there is a reason Octopi/Octopuses (depending on which you prefer) don't play football.

It's true you rarely see a player in so many places across the pitch, but even with his eight limbs he gets no where near the ball. He's too slow and too technically out of his depth to perform at this level and his signing has to go down as one of the poorest the club has made. This is akin to the signing of Sinclair really, except he is still getting game time.

How is it we've managed to buy two poor defensive midfielders from the Portuguese league whilst Chelsea have managed to buy one who was deemed shite for them previously but has turned out to be the best in the league at that role. We really need to sign someone to play this position. If you have a player who is grafting in the midfield and intercepting the ball, your forwards have so much more freedom to play their natural game.

Considering he was in a 4 man midfield with alongside Yaya I dont think he did TOO badly tonight, maybe because hes been so shite im looking to give him some credit but I honestly thought he did ok

The question as to why we let De Jong go instead of just increasing his salary to replace him with players who are a) worse and b) cost us a shitload will come up again I suppose.

Along with the rest of the midfield, he is letting the side and manager down right now defensively.

He will get the pre season and the first month or two of the new season to impress for me or it will be bye bye but it wouldn't surprise me to see the midfield completely revamped during the summer and he could go then and sadly he has done nowt to go against that.

Have you ever seen a team have so much possession and be in total control of a game yet look so vulnerable to a breakaway?

Can someone please explain to me how we can have this guy in the side, a player who gets heart palpitations when he crosses the half-way line and yet every time we lose the ball there is a hole in the middle of our midfield the size of a small African nation? How? HOW?

I seem to spend the majority of every 90 minutes uttering the words "where the fuck is Fernando"? It's like Where's Wally only you eventually find Wally!

I say all this after a 2-0 win where we have had 70% possession and totally controlled the game.

How this guy is a professional footballer I will never, ever know. Awful!

The more I see of Fernando the less I like about him. He is not decisive with the ball, makes rash challenges from the wrong side and is no threat whatsoever going forward. Whoever scouted this guy needs to explain why we invested 12 million. He is not an improvement on Barry and Garcia and in fact his play puts others under more pressure. No coincidence that our defence looks poor with this guy as the holding player. Leicester should have had a penalty after his stupid challenge and for me he needs to be jettisoned out of the etihad asap. I was hoping to see some sort of improvement during the year but whereas Mangala has a raw talent this guy is just an average player.

supercity88 said:
It turns out there is a reason Octopi/Octopuses (depending on which you prefer) don't play football.

It's true you rarely see a player in so many places across the pitch, but even with his eight limbs he gets no where near the ball. He's too slow and too technically out of his depth to perform at this level and his signing has to go down as one of the poorest the club has made. This is akin to the signing of Sinclair really, except he is still getting game time.

How is it we've managed to buy two poor defensive midfielders from the Portuguese league whilst Chelsea have managed to buy one who was deemed shite for them previously but has turned out to be the best in the league at that role. We really need to sign someone to play this position. If you have a player who is grafting in the midfield and intercepting the ball, your forwards have so much more freedom to play their natural game.

cephalopod or Octopoda please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.