Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
The worrying thing is.......he seems to be regressing,almost as if his confidence is shot.

The player we signed from Portugal is not the one now wearing our shirt,lack of fitness? confidence? or both? whatever the problem,its becoming chronic.......and as much as we're lacking options......i think for his own good,and that of the team,he needs taking out of the spotlight.

I know he's young but Kean Bryan surely wouldn't be any worse?

Tbh, I wouldn't be any worse, as his contribution on a game is decreasing with each game he plays,

FantasyIreland said:
The worrying thing is.......he seems to be regressing,almost as if his confidence is shot.

The player we signed from Portugal is not the one now wearing our shirt,lack of fitness? confidence? or both? whatever the problem,its becoming chronic.......and as much as we're lacking options......i think for his own good,and that of the team,he needs taking out of the spotlight.

You are fucking gas, last week after Barca you were defending him and saying how he did well and will be great and now despite him not playing at Liverpool and you not seeing last nights game you are putting the boot in. Wonder why that is?, at least when I form an opinion (Fernando/ Mangala/ Bony are Spurs/Everton level players, and that I think Txixi id a Barca agent) even if most don't like it and think I'm a twat I stick to my guns and base it on what I've seen and believe.
Oh and fantasy, regards Fernando being shit....what did I tell you

Forget the media, ex pros and the rest sticking the knife in the biggest enemy of the club is ourselves. I am not saying he is a world class player but he is far from being shit!

As everyone knows he's been proper wank recently, wouldn't mind seeing him in a midfield 3 with Yaya and Fernandinho for a run of games and i'm pretty sure he'd be alot better.

Them 3 in a midfield was what i was expecting to see at the start of this season but to be honest now i can't see it happening. It'll be 442 every game apart from the Barca game imo.

If we were playing him in a 3 with yaya and fern we would get the player we scouted.pellers is making him change to something else and next to yaya who doesn't defend.Not the kids fault he looks like a headless chicken

I thought he was good again.

He is the legs for Yaya Toure and Silva. He closes down and puts opposition players under pressure

Occasaionally 2 or 3 times a game he gives the ball away in dangerous positions, but overall I think he is very effective

One of our better signings in recent seasons. And he'll get better as Garcia did. It's only his first season and he has been in and out of the team. He's also managed to displace Fernandinho from the team so the manager must be very happy with what he is doing even if the serial critics are not.

Incidentally one of their other targets also had a good game last night, and I bet they didn't comment on that or revise their view accordingly because that is something they are not prepared to do.

Not looking anything like the player we bought, I understand that the Portuguese league is different but Fernando looks completely devoid of any confidence and ability to play the game.

When we signed him it was seen a bit of a coup by some because of the fee + experience (especially CL performances) + ability.
Bizarre really what has happened to him.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
FantasyIreland said:

You are fucking gas, last week after Barca you were defending him and saying how he did well and will be great and now despite him not playing at Liverpool and you not seeing last nights game you are putting the boot in. Wonder why that is?, at least when I form an opinion (Fernando/ Mangala/ Bony are Spurs/Everton level players, and that I think Txixi id a Barca agent) even if most don't like it and think I'm a twat I stick to my guns and base it on what I've seen and believe.
Oh and fantasy, regards Fernando being shit....what did I tell you

You really do get your knickers in a twist.......My belief has always been......he is decent but not top class and,in all probability,due to restriction,signed as a stop gap.

I am simply acknowledging,for whatever reason,while he isnt as poor as you and others state......something isn't quite right as he is not the player we saw at Porto.

Why you have to be so aggressive I've no idea?

Marvin said:
I thought he was good again.

He is the legs for Yaya Toure and Silva. He closes down and puts opposition players under pressure

Occasaionally 2 or 3 times a game he gives the ball away in dangerous positions, but overall I think he is very effective

One of our better signings in recent seasons. And he'll get better as Garcia did. It's only his first season and he has been in and out of the team. He's also managed to displace Fernandinho from the team so the manager must be very happy with what he is doing even if the serial critics are not.

Incidentally one of their other targets also had a good game last night, and I bet they didn't comment on that or revise their view accordingly because that is something they are not prepared to do.

PMSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.