Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
I thought he was good again.

He is the legs for Yaya Toure and Silva. He closes down and puts opposition players under pressure

Occasaionally 2 or 3 times a game he gives the ball away in dangerous positions, but overall I think he is very effective

One of our better signings in recent seasons. And he'll get better as Garcia did. It's only his first season and he has been in and out of the team. He's also managed to displace Fernandinho from the team so the manager must be very happy with what he is doing even if the serial critics are not.

Incidentally one of their other targets also had a good game last night, and I bet they didn't comment on that or revise their view accordingly because that is something they are not prepared to do.

Marvin im going to be kind and say he is struggling right now with his game.

If he doesn't improve quickly im going to be cruel.

Marvin said:

He is the legs for Yaya Toure and Silva. He closes down and puts opposition players under pressure

Occasaionally 2 or 3 times a game he gives the ball away in dangerous positions, but overall I think he is very effective

One of our better signings in recent seasons. And he'll get better as Garcia did. It's only his first season and he has been in and out of the team. He's also managed to displace Fernandinho from the team so the manager must be very happy with what he is doing even if the serial critics are not.

Incidentally one of their other targets also had a good game last night, and I bet they didn't comment on that or revise their view accordingly because that is something they are not prepared to do.
He cant tackle for FFS, no pace , cant read the game, light years behind both Barry and DeJong

Happy Feet said:
Marvin said:

He cant tackle for FFS, no pace , cant read the game, light years behind both Barry and DeJong

Ive defended him a fair bit since we signed him but last night he was abysmal

Let the opposition ghost past him
Was out of position far too much (assuming he was meant to be protecting the defence- apologies pellers if he was deployed to end up on the wing at times)
Backs off from the tackle, doesn't even try to force them into a tough position, backs off, backs off and backs off until they are in a dangerous position
When he has position, he passes sideways or backwards, nothing wrong with this but the ball is either behind the player he is passing to or puts them under unnecessary pressure

No more defending the indefensible, fernandinho isn't having a storming season but he needs to come back into the side ASAP

Any midfielder in the world will look shit playing alongside Yaya as he isn't going to help you out and you most certainly will be covering 2 positions on the field.

the originalkippaxman said:
Any midfielder in the world will look shit playing alongside Yaya as he isn't going to help you out and you most certainly will be covering 2 positions on the field.

Barry and De Jong didn't look shit. Fernandinho had a great season alongside Yaya last year. He's struggled this season due to being in and out of the side.

I cannot believe how much he hides when we have possession, he stands in positions so that he cannot be passed the ball very often. It's like playing with ten men when we have possession.

Barry, de Jong and Fernandinho have looked excellent next to Yaya.

On Tunnel Cam you can see Toure is clearly exasperated with him at half time, and is giving him a bit of a bollocking.

ManCityX said:

Barry and De Jong didn't look shit. Fernandinho had a great season alongside Yaya last year. He's struggled this season due to being in and out of the side.

Whilst I agree on the whole, all 3 have come in for heavy criticism at points on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.