Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ell said:
ManCityX said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Any midfielder in the world will look shit playing alongside Yaya as he isn't going to help you out and you most certainly will be covering 2 positions on the field.

Barry and De Jong didn't look shit. Fernandinho had a great season alongside Yaya last year. He's struggled this season due to being in and out of the side.

Whilst I agree on the whole, all 3 have come in for heavy criticism at points on this forum.

Exactly this ^^^^^^

Has everyone forgotten how Demichelis was slaughted playing next to him and Garcia became a favourite boo boy because of him having to cover for Yaya and people are now realising now that Garcia has gone that he actually wasn't that bad a player.

Ric said:
On Tunnel Cam you can see Toure is clearly exasperated with him at half time, and is giving him a bit of a bollocking.

Fuck me the whole team should have been bollocking Yaya the lazy twat. No idea why the mad him captain.

ell said:
ManCityX said:
Barry and De Jong didn't look shit. Fernandinho had a great season alongside Yaya last year. He's struggled this season due to being in and out of the side.

Whilst I agree on the whole, all 3 have come in for heavy criticism at points on this forum.

Exactly this ^^^^^^

Has everyone forgotten how Demichelis was slaughted playing next to him and Garcia became a favourite boo boy because of him having to cover for Yaya and people are now realising now that Garcia has gone that he actually wasn't that bad a player.

Has everyone forgot that we won 2 league titles with Yaya playing in a midfield 2? If the last 3 months have taught us anything, it's that Yaya is not the problem, we couldn't win a game without him! Yaya dominates games, dictates play, sets the tempo, he's arguably our most important player. We need someone alongside him who covers ground, reads the game, wants the ball and has quality when he receives it. Someone exactly like Fernandinho in fact! How the hell Fernando gets in ahead of him is baffling.

Shaelumstash said:
ell said:

Exactly this ^^^^^^

Has everyone forgot that we won 2 league titles with Yaya playing in a midfield 2? If the last 3 months have taught us anything, it's that Yaya is not the problem, we couldn't win a game without him! Yaya dominates games, dictates play, sets the tempo, he's arguably our most important player. We need someone alongside him who covers ground, reads the game, wants the ball and has quality when he receives it. Someone exactly like Fernandinho in fact! How the hell Fernando gets in ahead of him is baffling.

Not sure its as black and white as that. Yes, Yaya was instrumental in us winning those titles, but even the most ardent Yaya fan (of which I am one) must see that he has not performed consistently at all this season, so I call it as being a little unfair to continually blame who he is partnered with.

Any midfielder in the world will look shit playing alongside Yaya as he isn't going to help you out and you most certainly will be covering 2 positions on the field.
That has nothing to do with his basic inability to tackle, nor his total lack of pace.

mosssideblue said:
Shaelumstash said:
Exactly this ^^^^^^

Not sure its as black and white as that. Yes, Yaya was instrumental in us winning those titles, but even the most ardent Yaya fan (of which I am one) must see that he has not performed consistently at all this season, so I call it as being a little unfair to continually blame who he is partnered with.

Shaleum is spot on with his assessment. You build your team around your best player, and Yaya is ours. We fell to pieces without him but still managed to win games without Sergio.

I couldn't care less if Yaya ambles back into position, as he is so vital to us with what he brings on the ball. Its up to the manager to accommodate Yaya by playing him alongside someone that can do his running for him, someone in the exact mould of Fernandinho, or even better Fernandinho himself, just not Fernando.

chris85mcfc said:
mosssideblue said:
Shaelumstash said:

Yaya alongside Fernandinho is far too good for most sides to deal with. The performances and results reflect that. The only time these two won't work as a pair is when we get completely outnumbered in midfield, like the Barca and Liverpool games. You could have Keane and Viera at their peak as a 2 against teams like that and they would struggle to be able to cover enough ground to make it work. Sometimes you simply need an extra man in there, not that our manager seems to agree.

Fernando in a 2 just shouldn't be considered as an option.

Shaleum is spot on with his assessment. You build your team around your best player, and Yaya is ours. We fell to pieces without him but still managed to win games without Sergio.

I couldn't care less if Yaya ambles back into position, as he is so vital to us with what he brings on the ball. Its up to the manager to accommodate Yaya by playing him alongside someone that can do his running for him, someone in the exact mould of Fernandinho, or even better Fernandinho himself, just not Fernando.

chris85mcfc said:
mosssideblue said:
Shaelumstash said:

Yaya alongside Fernandinho is far too good for most sides to deal with. The performances and results reflect that. The only time these two won't work as a pair is when we get completely outnumbered in midfield, like the Barca and Liverpool games. You could have Keane and Viera at their peak as a 2 against teams like that and they would struggle to be able to cover enough ground to make it work. Sometimes you simply need an extra man in there, not that our manager seems to agree.

Shaelumstash said:
chris85mcfc said:
mosssideblue said:

It doesn't even have to be another player in there IMO. It could just mean not having Silva and Nasri as the other two. Having either Navas or Milner on either flank who are disciplined in their defensive duties would work just as well as having that extra man, and it would still allow us to be a threat going forward.

IMO the 4-4-2 isn't the problem, its the players within the formation. Imagine if your front 2 are Tevez and Lavezzi, both work their socks off and can score goals, that's a totally different forward line to having Sergio and Edin.

I think those saying he would be better in a midfield 3 are giving him far too much credit. You can stick 10 in the midfield, he still wont be able to pass to a City player stood more than 4 inches away from him, A an extra man in the middle just gives Fernando someone else to hide behind.

Our youth team will never produce regular 1st teamers while we persist with allocating squad places to turd like this fraud. I am not having that there isn't a single U21 player at the club who couldn't do a better job than Fernando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.