Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed how high his pass accuracy is? It was 97% last night. 97%! And 90% for the season. These are the stats that have OptaJoe and Squawka going mad, but also proof that stats can mislead a bit. At one point he received the ball from Hart and passed it short to Mangala to move forward. I found that strange because I'm accustomed to the defender giving the ball to the midfield to begin our next attack. It showed me either a player complete bereft of confidence or one who just wouldn't know how to begin a fresh attack.

And yet go back to this first league game against Newcastle and recall him sprinting much of the pitch to save an almost nailed on goal for Newcastle by getting in an incredible block. That is like a different player to what we see and makes you wonder if we're seeing the real Fernando.

OrigamiNinja said:
I think those saying he would be better in a midfield 3 are giving him far too much credit. You can stick 10 in the midfield, he still wont be able to pass to a City player stood more than 4 inches away from him, A an extra man in the middle just gives Fernando someone else to hide behind.

Our youth team will never produce regular 1st teamers while we persist with allocating squad places to turd like this fraud. I am not having that there isn't a single U21 player at the club who couldn't do a better job than Fernando.

That really is a pathetic thread.

chris85mcfc said:
mosssideblue said:
Shaelumstash said:
Has everyone forgot that we won 2 league titles with Yaya playing in a midfield 2? If the last 3 months have taught us anything, it's that Yaya is not the problem, we couldn't win a game without him! Yaya dominates games, dictates play, sets the tempo, he's arguably our most important player. We need someone alongside him who covers ground, reads the game, wants the ball and has quality when he receives it. Someone exactly like Fernandinho in fact! How the hell Fernando gets in ahead of him is baffling.

Not sure its as black and white as that. Yes, Yaya was instrumental in us winning those titles, but even the most ardent Yaya fan (of which I am one) must see that he has not performed consistently at all this season, so I call it as being a little unfair to continually blame who he is partnered with.

Shaleum is spot on with his assessment. You build your team around your best player, and Yaya is ours. We fell to pieces without him but still managed to win games without Sergio.

I couldn't care less if Yaya ambles back into position, as he is so vital to us with what he brings on the ball. Its up to the manager to accommodate Yaya by playing him alongside someone that can do his running for him, someone in the exact mould of Fernandinho, or even better Fernandinho himself, just not Fernando.

I'm of the opinion that you haven't got a clue. If you want to build a team around someone who is on the decline and your happy for him to amble back, we will never progress. Not saying Yaya is still not a valuable assett, but you are living on past history. Yaya is not the future.

mosssideblue said:
chris85mcfc said:
mosssideblue said:
Not sure its as black and white as that. Yes, Yaya was instrumental in us winning those titles, but even the most ardent Yaya fan (of which I am one) must see that he has not performed consistently at all this season, so I call it as being a little unfair to continually blame who he is partnered with.

Shaleum is spot on with his assessment. You build your team around your best player, and Yaya is ours. We fell to pieces without him but still managed to win games without Sergio.

I couldn't care less if Yaya ambles back into position, as he is so vital to us with what he brings on the ball. Its up to the manager to accommodate Yaya by playing him alongside someone that can do his running for him, someone in the exact mould of Fernandinho, or even better Fernandinho himself, just not Fernando.

I'm of the opinion that you haven't got a clue. If you want to build a team around someone who is on the decline and your happy for him to amble back, we will never progress. Not saying Yaya is still not a valuable assett, but you are living on past history. Yaya is not the future.

So shall we just leave him out till the summer and then sell him?

Or shall we just appreciate that while he is still at this club he will be our most important player. And that if he is going to play then we need to make exceptions for him. We won the league and cup double with him last season and he was ambling back then, the only difference is he isn't scoring the goals.

Laughable that you think Yaya is on the decline. You won't realise what he brings to this team until he leaves.

stony said:
He's fucking shit.

Summed up very precisely!

I feel for the lad, its not his fault we decided to shop at the football equivalent of Poundland in the Summer.

He will never be good enough for us so leave him out and get rid asap.

LoveCity said:
Has anyone noticed how high his pass accuracy is? It was 97% last night. 97%! And 90% for the season. These are the stats that have OptaJoe and Squawka going mad, but also proof that stats can mislead a bit. At one point he received the ball from Hart and passed it short to Mangala to move forward. I found that strange because I'm accustomed to the defender giving the ball to the midfield to begin our next attack. It showed me either a player complete bereft of confidence or one who just wouldn't know how to begin a fresh attack.

And yet go back to this first league game against Newcastle and recall him sprinting much of the pitch to save an almost nailed on goal for Newcastle by getting in an incredible block. That is like a different player to what we see and makes you wonder if we're seeing the real Fernando.

Yeh I seem to remember him having a decent first few games and then picking up a muscle injury and was out for a few weeks? At that point I was disappointed he was out as I thought he was going to be an important player.

Looks a completely different player recently and would love to think he's just completely shot of confidence or not fit than him just being abject and more crucial money been wasted.

LoveCity said:

He's completely shot of confidence, IMO. He did this a few times, and to be honest right now our CBs have a better chance of starting an attack than he does. He's hiding all over the pitch, taking up clumsy positions.... he just doesn't seem to have any confidence at all that he's at the same level as his teammates and it's not good. He looks like he's thinking instead of playing and I don't know how that's going to change.

chris85mcfc said:
mosssideblue said:
chris85mcfc said:

So shall we just leave him out till the summer and then sell him?

Or shall we just appreciate that while he is still at this club he will be our most important player. And that if he is going to play then we need to make exceptions for him. We won the league and cup double with him last season and he was ambling back then, the only difference is he isn't scoring the goals.

Laughable that you think Yaya is on the decline. You won't realise what he brings to this team until he leaves.

Best player to ever wear a City shirt flip the coin between Aguero and Silva and then build your team around them. You can put Yaya in the formation by playing the lazy fucker further up the pitch because he for sure aint going to fucking track back the lazy ****.

Anyone calling Yaya is a clown - without him we certainly wouldn't finish in the top 4. He just needs someone to play with him. Although I'd still prefer to see him in the position behind the striker.

Fernando? Think when you take everything into account he is probably the player we have signed since the sheikh bought the club and one of the reasons our CB's look so shite. Cannot believe anyone would seriously pick him before Fernandinho. Totally and utterly shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.