Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Shaelumstash said:
FantasyIreland said:
Lets not be silly now.....he is a much better player than Garcia,he's the tier below top class and exactly what you get for the price.

I'm not being antagonistic, but what do you think he's better than Garcia at? Reading play, passing, movement, tackling, heading, pace, what attributes do you think he's shown for us that are better than Garcia?

He's arguably a bit faster, but that's rather like like saying the older Proclaimer twin isn't as ugly as the other one.

Other than his heading ability and a similar attitude,just about everything else you mention.

Fernando's reading of play is as bad as it gets for a Premier League defensive midfielder, genuinely no idea how you could rate him above Garcia for that.

Passing is very poor, sideways or backwards pretty much every time. Garcia could pass a ball forwards.

Movement when we have the ball, Fernando is the worst I've seen at City since the takeover, easily. Never wants the ball, he actually looks scared to receive the ball. Garcia wins that one for me too.

Tackling, he consistently mis times and dives in, but his strength and competitiveness probably give him the edge over Garcia.

Heading, no contest, Garcia all day.

Pace - Proclaimers.

I don't quite get the criticism. He is player who keeps it simple which we need in this team.

I disagree Shaleum.

His passing,tackiling and vison are all better than Garcia's,not by a huge amount but better none the less.Garcia didn't even know the opposition half existed......

Does anyone have the stats on our Premier League results for games where Fernando starts vs when he doesn't this season? I think it would make interesting reading

Paul_Powers_Tash said:
No doubt he didn't have a great game today and hasn't yet lived up to expectations but he's been better this season than Fernandinho who cost three times as much. The £35 mil we spent on Fernandinho is the problem and not Fernando.
No he's not.

Paul_Powers_Tash said:
No doubt he didn't have a great game today and hasn't yet lived up to expectations but he's been better this season than Fernandinho who cost three times as much. The £35 mil we spent on Fernandinho is the problem and not Fernando.

please fuck off and never return rag

FantasyIreland said:
I disagree Shaleum.

His passing,tackiling and vison are all better than Garcia's,not by a huge amount but better none the less.Garcia didn't even know the opposition half existed......

Fair enough, everyone sees the game differently. For the record, I thought Garcia was shite, I just don't see how Fernando is a significant improvement whatsoever.

I don't see what Fernando adds to this team, he's a defensive midfielder who offers no protection to the back 4.

Always sliding in because he's out of position, wrong side of the play! Compare him to Matic, Matic wins everything without continually having to be on his arse........basically understands where he is meant to be on the pitch!

Fernandos positional sense is up there with Navas ability to beat the first man

Shaelumstash said:
Does anyone have the stats on our Premier League results for games where Fernando starts vs when he doesn't this season? I think it would make interesting reading

He has started every game we have lost or drawn except Chelsea when we actually played really well.

Enough said.

He needs to learn not to go awol and face the play as when opposition players get goalside of him he is pointless.

I think he rates himself too highly and thinks he's a box to box type player when he's actually very limited in the same way NDJ was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.