Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and to think we were working on signing this guy for over 6months.......what a joke! Can we get a refund?.......after handing over nearly 45mil to Porto for Mangala and Fernando......they must be laughing all the way to the bank.......

I thought he had a good game.

He won a lot more challenges and closed players down really well. He's there to do that. He's a different type of midfielder to Silva and Nasri. If you want to be critical of players, what did Milner offer?

bluemoon27 said:
for the 1st goal today he was pathetic from the 1st challenge he could have made in the middle of the park,i swear I think my 13 yr old son would come out with the ball if he went into a 50/50 challenge with him

I didn't see who missed about 3 of those 50/50 balls which led to their 1st. So it was him? Could have sworn Kompany missed one.

Marvin said:
I thought he had a good game.

He won a lot more challenges and closed players down really well. He's there to do that. He's a different type of midfielder to Silva and Nasri. If you want to be critical of players, what did Milner offer?
Did you see 'Boro's first goal?

First he shit out of the header, then he plays a shit attempt at a back pass and then he slides the wrong side of the ball and kicks it right into the 'Boro player.

Probably a record for cock ups in one "attack"

If you want to be critical of Milner, then go to Milner's thread.

Octopus, lol! The only thing he has in common with an octopus is the lack of a backbone!

I've not seen this midfield "enforcer" win a 50/50 in 6 months!

If you want to be a top class defensive midfielder then as an absolute minimum you either need to be extremely mobile or positionally sound, this absolute fraud is neither! You could drive a bus, tank and jumbo jet through the middle of our midfield, all at the same time because Fernando is nowhere to be seen.

It's years since I've seen us so easy to get at in the middle of the park, it's not long ago every team would target our left hand side, this was where we struggled, not anymore just come straight down the fucking middle because Fernando won't stop you, in fact he will help you!

Fernando in a nutshell..........

Doesn't attack, doesn't defend, can't head, can't tackle and can't pass (forward)! Offers the grand sum of fuck all to this side.

I'm amazed there's anyone who can defend him on here. We are the champions of England, he is so far below our required level it's incredible!

Maybe the penny has dropped for some now that we never replaced De Jong . We should have just increased his wages than waste money on this player and all the other midfielders we signed that turned out shit. And one of them actually turned a corner (Garcia) and then we got rid of him too. Some of our transfers especially in midfield have been really, really garbage the last 3 windows or so

avoidconfusion said:
Maybe the penny has dropped for some now that we never replaced De Jong . We should have just increased his wages than waste money on this player and all the other midfielders we signed that turned out shit. And one of them actually turned a corner (Garcia) and then we got rid of him too. Some of our transfers especially in midfield have been really, really garbage the last 3 windows or so

I said something similar the other day. Yes NDJ was limited, he was never gonna spray 60 yard passes here and there, he was never gonna get you 10 goals a season but he was positionally sound, could tackle and could play it simple. The team was solid with him in the side. Look at the £millions we've thrown away trying to buy an upgrade and we're no better off, in fact in my opinion were miles worse off. Garcia, Rodwell and now the Ferns, what's that..... £70ish million? Disgusting transfer business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.