Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zimmerman said:
Looked good against Newcastle on the opening day.

Rotating between average and awful since.

How he's continually preferred to Fernandinho I don't know.

This with Bells on! Fernandinho is far better...

He's just not very good. He was apparently the man to cover the whole of the park. I don't think he's up to it in this league

pudge said:
Marvin said:
I thought he had a good game.

He won a lot more challenges and closed players down really well. He's there to do that. He's a different type of midfielder to Silva and Nasri. If you want to be critical of players, what did Milner offer?
Did you see 'Boro's first goal?

First he shit out of the header, then he plays a shit attempt at a back pass and then he slides the wrong side of the ball and kicks it right into the 'Boro player.

Probably a record for cock ups in one "attack"

If you want to be critical of Milner, then go to Milner's thread.
I saw that Marvin had said Fernando played well in another thread but thought it might have been a typo so gave him the benefit of the doubt..
He was dreadful, he has no ambition to his passing, finds himself caught up field allowing the ball to bypass him too easily, struggles to win headers (in the middle of the park) and for that fucking goal? Less said the better.
He's an average player who will shine when put next to real quality like Nasri/Yaya and Silva. Without those 3 he reverts to being mediocre.

OrigamiNinja said:
avoidconfusion said:
Maybe the penny has dropped for some now that we never replaced De Jong . We should have just increased his wages than waste money on this player and all the other midfielders we signed that turned out shit. And one of them actually turned a corner (Garcia) and then we got rid of him too. Some of our transfers especially in midfield have been really, really garbage the last 3 windows or so

I said something similar the other day. Yes NDJ was limited, he was never gonna spray 60 yard passes here and there, he was never gonna get you 10 goals a season but he was positionally sound, could tackle and could play it simple. The team was solid with him in the side. Look at the £millions we've thrown away trying to buy an upgrade and we're no better off, in fact in my opinion were miles worse off. Garcia, Rodwell and now the Ferns, what's that..... £70ish million? Disgusting transfer business.

De Jong was never positionally sound - why do you think he had to do so many sliding tackles? It was because he didn't read the game and wasn't in the right position. Micah was the same in his early days, getting lots of praise for sliding tackles but the reason was is he was in the wrong place in the first place.

Did you ever see Gaz Baz needing to do sliding tackles?

Pablo1 said:
pudge said:
Marvin said:
I thought he had a good game.

He won a lot more challenges and closed players down really well. He's there to do that. He's a different type of midfielder to Silva and Nasri. If you want to be critical of players, what did Milner offer?
Did you see 'Boro's first goal?

First he shit out of the header, then he plays a shit attempt at a back pass and then he slides the wrong side of the ball and kicks it right into the 'Boro player.

Probably a record for cock ups in one "attack"

If you want to be critical of Milner, then go to Milner's thread.
I saw that Marvin had said Fernando played well in another thread but thought it might have been a typo so gave him the benefit of the doubt..
He was dreadful, he has no ambition to his passing, finds himself caught up field allowing the ball to bypass him too easily, struggles to win headers (in the middle of the park) and for that fucking goal? Less said the better.
He's an average player who will shine when put next to real quality like Nasri/Yaya and Silva. Without those 3 he reverts to being mediocre.

This! Successful squads over the years have been full of players like Fernando, they finish their career and walk away with a load of medals and people label them unsung heroes etc etc. Actually its a lot of luck, being in the right place at the right time, finding themselves at a club blessed with top class talent and being carried by this talent. Just look across the road at them rag twats, look at some of the shite they've had who've walked away with a handful of Prem medals, CL medals etc! Fernando is firmly in this bracket of player! Very little quality himself but has found himself at a dominant Porto team in a mediocre league and got himself a transfer to the champions of England off the back of it. Could quite possibly add to his medal collection this season at the club, and if he does it will be because he's been carried by others.

117 M34 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
avoidconfusion said:
Maybe the penny has dropped for some now that we never replaced De Jong . We should have just increased his wages than waste money on this player and all the other midfielders we signed that turned out shit. And one of them actually turned a corner (Garcia) and then we got rid of him too. Some of our transfers especially in midfield have been really, really garbage the last 3 windows or so

I said something similar the other day. Yes NDJ was limited, he was never gonna spray 60 yard passes here and there, he was never gonna get you 10 goals a season but he was positionally sound, could tackle and could play it simple. The team was solid with him in the side. Look at the £millions we've thrown away trying to buy an upgrade and we're no better off, in fact in my opinion were miles worse off. Garcia, Rodwell and now the Ferns, what's that..... £70ish million? Disgusting transfer business.

De Jong was never positionally sound - why do you think he had to do so many sliding tackles? It was because he didn't read the game and wasn't in the right position. Micah was the same in his early days, getting lots of praise for sliding tackles but the reason was is he was in the wrong place in the first place.

I agree re NDJ to a certain extent. I can't deny that I have similar feelings about a player who is sliding about all over the place however I stand by my comment that we were far more solid in the middle of the park with NDJ in the side.

As for Gaz Baz, maybe he should have done some sliding, maybe then he wouldn't have been 0.5 seconds late to every challenge! :-)

117 M34 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
avoidconfusion said:

This all day. After we bought Nasri everyone thought Barry would be the one to make way, but instead De Jong did. Mancini realised if you read the game well enough, and use the ball intelligently with your passing, you don't need a destroyer in midfield.

Since then we've sold De Jong we've tried to replace him with Garcia, Rodwell and Fernando. Ironically enough, all three are not only worse positionally than De Jong, worse at reading the game, but they also use the ball worse than De Jong, which was his biggest weakness.

Buying Fernandinho was an upgrade on Barry, even better on the ball, if not quite as good without it, but he helped our tempo and intensity which was needed playing a high line defence. To then replace him in the team with Fernando is 3 steps backwards.

Seen enough to know that he isn't good enough. Not even close to being as good as De Jong and even worse than Garcia.

Second rate - let's face facts. Offers absolutely nothing going forward and seems to spend most of his time looking very ragged chasing players when trying to defend. Should be a squad player being used very sparingly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.