Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

JOGAMIGMOG said:
On for player of the season. If we can't get him to commit after a season like this then there's nowt down for us. If he walks for fuck all then it really is a travesty.

It seems he might be the first victim of our new policy of low basic-high bonus wage strategy. Obviously he doesn't agree with it.

Hadn't really thought about that, but it's a good point. Maybe he thinks he'd suffer more than most as a result of it, although I'm unconvinced. As said, it will be hugely disappointing if he walks away on a free. Can we break our new wage strategy for him though? The ramifications could be major. Really hope he signs, but we can't change our wage structure just for him.

Should be starting every week for me. Really hope he stays but if Pellers isn't going to give him game time I get why he's looking. MOTM today!

Ric said:
Really hope he signs, but we can't change our wage structure just for him.
I know its only a job for him, but I'd like to think the chants tonight, even before he scored, would carry some influence. He's a hugely popular player here amongst most fans, and there will be very few who want him to go.

When he plays with Silva and Nasri, he's usually very good, just like tonight.

Jimmy has a simple choice , play 30 games a season for us and win medals , or 50 games a season for the dippers or similar , and win f*ck all. Looking at our other former players and england internationals Rodwell,Johnson and Richards , their moves to other clubs "for regular football" have not worked out too well.

cleavers said:
Ric said:
Really hope he signs, but we can't change our wage structure just for him.
I know its only a job for him, but I'd like to think the chants tonight, even before he scored, would carry some influence. He's a hugely popular player here amongst most fans, and there will be very few who want him to go.

When he plays with Silva and Nasri, he's usually very good, just like tonight.

I don't think it is the money, he just wants to play football and MP and the football directors should respect that. Look at the difference in our performance tonight when he started the game. His industry rubbed off on the rest of the team and at the end of the day he scored a really good goal.

What guarantee will he have of first team football somewhere else? Or maybe he can get a nice fat signing on fee and satisfy the "grass is greener" itch at the same time, it might be the last move he makes.
He might even try a move to Italy.
You can't question his desire, he's been very good for us this season, whatever, he holds all the aces at the moment, so it's upto City now, stump up, or try to get someone to replace him, and he needs replacing with another box to box attacking midfielder, how much will that cost us with FFP squeezing us?

Maybe James is looking ahead at our potential and likely squad rebuild that will happen over the next two or three windows.

As good as he has been this season if we sign a few attacking options that included Reus or a similar player he won't be in the starting XI anymore or at least not as much, and whilst he would remain a much needed squad addition he will want more than that at his stage if his career.

Milner only plays now because there is nobody better at the moment, but in my opinion that says a lot more about our squad than it does Milner's ability. He is a decent player but we need world class in that position to take us to the next level.

It all depends if he is happy to be a squad player next season and fight again to get a number one spot.

Personally, I think he will go abroad.

We will really miss him if leaves but the longer it goes without him signing a new contract the more certain it seems that he won't be with us beyond the end of the season. Every match he puts on a performance that increases the signing on fee and wages he will get if he leaves. Sign him up now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.