Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

BobKowalski said:
grim up north said:
BobKowalski said:
Thats a shocker. Still find it surprising that we let this situation develop. Thought we planned better than that.

What you suggest, perhaps take his mother hostage

Well I would have hoped that there would be something between letting his contract run down and taking his dear old mum hostage. Given Wenger used to get roasted for letting it happen I don't see why we can't ask questions as to why we find ourselves in the same boat with Milner.
It's fairly obvious that when everybody is fit he doesn't start. Obviously why he wants to go. Football players are allowed to leave.

If we could ship out all the players who don't give a shit immediately instead of waiting for the summer he'd definitely start every match.

Missed him today. For one we wouldn't have been as slow and lethargic with Jimmy on the pitch. One thing above all he gives you is energy and work rate and that is lacking big time in our team when he isn't playing.

The way this is a major news story and the fans singing his name to stay just shows how we are not a team that is one of europe's best.

We shouldn't be hoping that Milner resigns ffs. The likes of Barca, Bayern and Madrid must be laughing their tits off at us.

whp.blue said:
Ric said:
It'll be a blow to lose Milner, especially on a free transfer. He's been a good servant for the club, and we can ill afford to lose home grown players.

Looks like he's off though, as is his right having served his contract. He doesn't owe us anything. Still not convinced he'll get more first team opportunities at Liverpool though, assuming that's where he's heading.

I have no real issue with players leaving when they have seen their contract out as much as we could do with the FFP contribution but it's the bullshit that pisses me off. If when City sat down and tried to extend his contract he had been honest and said I will be leaving at the end of my current contract The club may have made different decisions.
Milner however took the cowards (City's Sol Campbell) approach and has strung the club along. He at least owed City a straight answer.

As for loosing him as a player he is no great loss a modern day Stevie Lomas but for some reason half this forum seem to think he is some sort of utility playing God when really he is a modest Jack of all trades and master of none.

I posted on here ages ago that I was told he had no intention of staying and I for one think we will no only replace him in a heart beat but make a huge upgrade.

If he did that City would not have played him, club and player only look out for themselves.

BringBackSwales said:
Question - what has every away defeat this season got in common?
Nice one. And that's no coincidence. He's the perfect type of player for a good away performance. You can't always have flair all the way across the midfield...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.