Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Really disappointed with him tonight. Was needing that type of big, energetic Milner performance chasing down everything in the centre of midfield but Fernandinho made him look bad in terms of effort (or at least effective effort).

Was better once we changed shape but thought we really could have used his drive in the middle

Am a big Milner fan but I have to admit he looks massively out of his depth at the top level.

Every second touch was a tackle tonight; his first one is like a goal kick at times. He's a good domestic player, especially away, but we need better ball retention in Europe; that would be my only issue with Jordan Henderson potentially joining us, whereas Ross Barkley offers all of the power and mobility of them while being a very accomplished technical footballer.

.A. said:
Am a big Milner fan but I have to admit he looks massively out of his depth at the top level.

Every second touch was a tackle tonight; his first one is like a goal kick at times. He's a good domestic player, especially away, but we need better ball retention in Europe; that would be my only issue with Jordan Henderson potentially joining us, whereas Ross Barkley offers all of the power and mobility of them while being a very accomplished technical footballer.

He didn't against bayern. Diisapointed in his display, but no one played well apart from hart

.A. said:

I cant disagree with any of your findings,based on his performance tonight.But he was not alone.

Some of you are overrating Milner beyond the belief.

He is and was a limited player for the top top level but he is very useful don't expect him to be cracking the whole season and thats the difference.

He is good but for a period or a run of games then he become normal.

He showed his limitations last night, definitely.

He falls into that category Carrick falls into in that when nobody is talking about him he is underrated but when everybody praises him he is overrated.

You have to have hard working players but at this level you have to have the technique to go with it as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.