Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

forevermancity said:
Disappointed to lose him but it's a sign of the times when our players are going to Liverpool because they don't get enough game time for city
I doubt he'll get any more game time at the dippers.

It's a money thing imo.

moomba said:
forevermancity said:
Disappointed to lose him but it's a sign of the times when our players are going to Liverpool because they don't get enough game time for city
I doubt he'll get any more game time at the dippers.

It's a money thing imo.
i think he knows that big players are comin this summer and his game time is goin to be limited its his last big hurrah contract and he wants out he has been a good professional for us and will clap him if he returns to play against us thats all he gets from me

Have to admit ill be hugely disappointed if he goes. If this was Yaya running down his contract then there would be absolute uproar. For me, he's been given plenty of game time his summer, including starting many of our biggest games

There is no way Liverpool will offer him better salary than what City are offering him.

I think the guy just want to be regular starter.

SuperBlu said:
There is no way Liverpool will offer him better salary than what City are offering him.

I think the guy just want to be regular starter.
I think they will. Bit on top to make up for getting him on a free.

bluemoon32 said:
He's been good for us but we should be looking at better.
I agree, he's done very well, but if you're looking to compete among the best in the world, Milner isn't quite the way to go.

bluemoon32 said:
He's been good for us but we should be looking at better.

I see a lot of posts like this, and they seem to miss the point that the Premier League is a fairly unique beast in world football. Brawn and graft are very useful commodities to have in it, and Milner has helped pull City over the line on many occasions, when our technically superior players have come up short. Yes, he has shit games as well, but for me he's an invaluable member of squad, who leads by example. I still hope he will stay, although it looks a long odds bet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.