Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Exeter Blue I am here said:
bluemoon32 said:
He's been good for us but we should be looking at better.

I see a lot of posts like this, and they seem to miss the point that the Premier League is a fairly unique beast in world football. Brawn and graft are very useful commodities to have in it, and Milner has helped pull City over the line on many occasions, when our technically superior players have come up short. Yes, he has shit games as well, but for me he's an invaluable member of squad, who leads by example. I still hope he will stay, although it looks a long odds bet

Therein lies the problem. If reports are to be believed, he wishes to be an invaluable member of the team, not the squad.

FantasyIreland said:
His exit is a great opportunity to find a player who will consistently improve the first eleven.

There it is. Milner is great one game, anonymous the next. Good luck to the lad but I for one wont be losing any sleep because of his departure.

FantasyIreland said:
His exit is a great opportunity to find a player who will consistently improve the first eleven.

Something we've singularly failed to do in the last two years in any position!

Fernandinho was a definite upgrade on Barry IMO,Demichelis was an improvement on Lescott and Mangala and Bony will also prove like wise.

TFC said:
FantasyIreland said:

There it is. Milner is great one game, anonymous the next. Good luck to the lad but I for one wont be losing any sleep because of his departure.

i think we will really miss him and notice when he's not there, he's a zaba type player that always puts effort in.

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:

Fernandinho was a definite upgrade on Barry IMO,Demichelis was an improvement on Lescott and Mangala and Bony will also prove like wise.

Navas was a huge upgrade on "nobody". Pacey wide winger we'd been after since 2010. Could do with one on the other side now!

Damocles said:
FantasyIreland said:

Navas was a huge upgrade on "nobody". Pacey wide winger we'd been after since 2010. Could do with one on the other side now!

Must admit I'd forgotten about Navas, and DiMichelis is defo an upgrade on Lescott. Not sure I'd necessarily agree about Fernandinho and Barry though. Until Gaz Baz gradually succumbed to heavy legged age in 2012/2013, he was the best holding midfield player in the Prem. An equitable trade I'd say, and I'll reserve judgment on Mangala and Bony

by all accounts and the red tops don't get it wrong do they? James is Liverpool bound to replace StevIE Gerrard AKA Mr Slippy he I am sure will be popular but imho hasn't got anywhere near the vision and quality of the scouse yank. We hopefully will strengthen in the summer and this window we have to make sure the incomings are superior to those going Its difficult for players coming to settle straight away as with Mangala and Fernando The majority of our fans were all keen on us getting the two Porto guys but although we paid well over for Mangala I for one think he will be quality Bottom line re James will not lose sleep if he goes as long as we get a player who can give us his commitment with a touch of the DavEEd SILVA"S

Damocles said:
FantasyIreland said:

Must admit I'd forgotten about Navas, and DiMichelis is defo an upgrade on Lescott. Not sure I'd necessarily agree about Fernandinho and Barry though. Until Gaz Baz gradually succumbed to heavy legged age in 2012/2013, he was the best holding midfield player in the Prem. An equitable trade I'd say, and I'll reserve judgment on Mangala and Bony

So, not quite as bad as you first suggested?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.