Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

spanishblue said:
FantasyIreland said:
We aren't 'letting him go'

he has chosen to.

And why?.
Because as a player we haven't given him the game time he truly deserves.

Shame on us
No. That's what u think he deserves. He has decided to run down his contract and the club gets nothing. I say goodbye and won't wish him well if he plays for our rivals

This year he has figured in more games than in his previous 4 years at the club.
Look at our position at present in the league and out of all cups earlier than usual.
Cheerio James.

DTKOAG said:
This year he has figured in more games than in his previous 4 years at the club.
Look at our position at present in the league and out of all cups earlier than usual.
Cheerio James.

Very very smart
Don't blame any other fuker just Jimmy, let's face it the rest have been OUTSTANDING well done (holds head)

I realise some are beating him with the stick "he's got enough game time this season" despite not signing a new contract.

Has anyone thought he may actually be looking for a bit of security next season regarding game time, and that the soundings of some big clout being spent have played part in his consideration?

As much as I rate Milner, he's had more game time this season as a lot of our players have been about average throughout and he's played better than those as a result.

Milner's moving on and good luck to James. All the game time etc is no a
Smoke screen! Pellet reputation for being anti English players hasn't helped (but might have made no difference overall).

Hope he puts in a good few performances at the end of the season.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
He has made his decision so I wouldn't play him at all to be honest.
In complete contrast to you, I'd play him every minute he's still here, because he gives more than others, even though he knows he's leaving, its the definition of "professional", whilst others, with longer term contracts, give the impression they can't be arsed. I'd sooner have a 100% player for 2 months, than a 50% player who's here for another couple of years.

Now don't get me wrong here, I actually think we will improve the squad once he's gone, I think he has his limitations, but hard work isn't one of them, and we should maximise his efforts for the club until he goes (unlike others, who don't give the maximum of their efforts). Who knows, if we do, he might still decide to stay (unlikely I know).

Milner wants to play, because he has an international career, and if he goes to Anfield he'll play every week, and it would probably cement his position in the England side, if he gives his all for us until May, then he'll get my very best wishes, its a shame we didn't get him to sign a deal, and lose out on a fee, but he's done nothing wrong imho.

LoveCity said:
Sorry, how much time does he deserve? He said he'd be happy with a little more time and big games than last season and got that before January, then turned us down when we offered the contract. He played 90' vs. Arsenal, 90' vs. Chelsea, 90' vs. Spurs, 70' vs. United, 66' vs. Bayern, 90' vs. Everton, 90' vs. Roma (away) before January. It seems to me that City complied with his requests then he turned down the contract anyway.

He plays less now, maybe because he's told us to piss off after giving the club a false impression. If he was Ivorian and named Yaya Toure, I suspect his treatment would be a little different on here.

Not far off the money there bud, maybe wretched vengeance will reveal what I told him on 7th march some 5 weeks ago. Fcuk I'll say it now, Milner had agreed to a 3 year extension in principle based on playing time. This give him time to let his contract run down further. He knew how valuable he was to this club in terms of homegrown and versatility James was after more moola and reneged on the 3 year deal and wanted an extra year city refused. His public persona of being honest james throws people off but he's 29 and wanted one last bid deal.

I'm not tolmie or the other itk's just happened to be in right place right time when I got the info sat on this for weeks apart from pm'ing wretched vengeance on 7th march. Phew!

Milner alays gives 100% but does't always perform.

The amount of times he has come on as a sub and change the game is good and the next week he starts and is bang average.

He has bee a good servant to the club and deserves a last pay deal hope he does well as long as it isn;t against us.

Nasri puts as many good performances as Milner but gets slagged off because he doesn't quite do it in some big games. Milner is no better. If he wants to go for whatever reason we move on and hopefully improve.

Blue warrior said:
LoveCity said:
Sorry, how much time does he deserve? He said he'd be happy with a little more time and big games than last season and got that before January, then turned us down when we offered the contract. He played 90' vs. Arsenal, 90' vs. Chelsea, 90' vs. Spurs, 70' vs. United, 66' vs. Bayern, 90' vs. Everton, 90' vs. Roma (away) before January. It seems to me that City complied with his requests then he turned down the contract anyway.

He plays less now, maybe because he's told us to piss off after giving the club a false impression. If he was Ivorian and named Yaya Toure, I suspect his treatment would be a little different on here.

Not far off the money there bud, maybe wretched vengeance will reveal what I told him on 7th march some 5 weeks ago. Fcuk I'll say it now, Milner had agreed to a 3 year extension in principle based on playing time. This give him time to let his contract run down further. He knew how valuable he was to this club in terms of homegrown and versatility James was after more moola and reneged on the 3 year deal and wanted an extra year city refused. His public persona of being honest james throws people off but he's 29 and wanted one last bid deal.

I'm not tolmie or the other itk's just happened to be in right place right time when I got the info sat on this for weeks apart from pm'ing wretched vengeance on 7th march. Phew!

I Thought that was pretty common knowned... No?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.