Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I still can't get too worked up about it.

It's frustrating that he's chosen to leave, and I'm not convinced he'll get more game time at Liverpool, but it's his prerogative. He's served his contract, and played an important part in our recent success, and he's entitled to do what he thinks best.

It's probably because of our need for home grown players, and the fact that it's the first time really that the Bosman ruling has bitten us on the arse (Distin aside), but I think some of the reaction is over the top. He goes with my blessing, not that it means anything.

ALL OUR LIVES said:
Blue warrior said:
LoveCity said:
Sorry, how much time does he deserve? He said he'd be happy with a little more time and big games than last season and got that before January, then turned us down when we offered the contract. He played 90' vs. Arsenal, 90' vs. Chelsea, 90' vs. Spurs, 70' vs. United, 66' vs. Bayern, 90' vs. Everton, 90' vs. Roma (away) before January. It seems to me that City complied with his requests then he turned down the contract anyway.

He plays less now, maybe because he's told us to piss off after giving the club a false impression. If he was Ivorian and named Yaya Toure, I suspect his treatment would be a little different on here.

Not far off the money there bud, maybe wretched vengeance will reveal what I told him on 7th march some 5 weeks ago. Fcuk I'll say it now, Milner had agreed to a 3 year extension in principle based on playing time. This give him time to let his contract run down further. He knew how valuable he was to this club in terms of homegrown and versatility James was after more moola and reneged on the 3 year deal and wanted an extra year city refused. His public persona of being honest james throws people off but he's 29 and wanted one last bid deal.

I'm not tolmie or the other itk's just happened to be in right place right time when I got the info sat on this for weeks apart from pm'ing wretched vengeance on 7th march. Phew!

I Thought that was pretty common knowned... No?

Not sure bud? Think most was hoping a deal would be reached, but was told definitely not staying.

We tried to re sign him, clearly. This notion about game time is a load of shit. So he must be lying. It's something else $$$. If he wants more money just come out and say I'm leaving to get more $. He is doing this by running down his contract and leaving us with nothing. He is fucking greedy, he wants all the sign on cash himself. What he forgets is that we put his name up in lights and gave him 2 titles, fa cup and league cup. He can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

ALL OUR LIVES said:
Blue warrior said:
LoveCity said:
Sorry, how much time does he deserve? He said he'd be happy with a little more time and big games than last season and got that before January, then turned us down when we offered the contract. He played 90' vs. Arsenal, 90' vs. Chelsea, 90' vs. Spurs, 70' vs. United, 66' vs. Bayern, 90' vs. Everton, 90' vs. Roma (away) before January. It seems to me that City complied with his requests then he turned down the contract anyway.

He plays less now, maybe because he's told us to piss off after giving the club a false impression. If he was Ivorian and named Yaya Toure, I suspect his treatment would be a little different on here.

Not far off the money there bud, maybe wretched vengeance will reveal what I told him on 7th march some 5 weeks ago. Fcuk I'll say it now, Milner had agreed to a 3 year extension in principle based on playing time. This give him time to let his contract run down further. He knew how valuable he was to this club in terms of homegrown and versatility James was after more moola and reneged on the 3 year deal and wanted an extra year city refused. His public persona of being honest james throws people off but he's 29 and wanted one last bid deal.

I'm not tolmie or the other itk's just happened to be in right place right time when I got the info sat on this for weeks apart from pm'ing wretched vengeance on 7th march. Phew!

I Thought that was pretty common knowned... No?

Only amongst those who don't believe the moon is made of cheese.

He needs to play Sunday either central with Dinho or wide depending who else plays. We need his energy. He gives me the impression he'd play 100% if he was the 11th player making up a over 35s 11 -a -side friendly. So I don't think his current transfer status would effect his performance one iota.

I'm gutted to see him leave we've got far more deadwood, players not giving 100% etc etc

Played quite a strange role yesterday, almost as a second striker at times.

Thought he should have moved into centre midfield alongside Fernandinho, pushing Yaya further forward and relieving Yaya off as much defensive duties.

Hope Milner is here next season, but it's not looking likely. Don't see where he'll go that's an improvement though.

CityFan94 said:

Thought he should have moved into centre midfield alongside Fernandinho, pushing Yaya further forward and relieving Yaya off as much defensive duties.

Hope Milner is here next season, but it's not looking likely. Don't see where he'll go that's an improvement though.

Yaya off as much defensive duties. not sure he is aware he has any at any time!

jonmcity said:
CityFan94 said:

Yaya off as much defensive duties. not sure he is aware he has any at any time!

Yaya has defensive duties for sure, he just completely abandons them mate!

BLUE THUNDER said:
We tried to re sign him, clearly. This notion about game time is a load of shit. So he must be lying. It's something else $$$. If he wants more money just come out and say I'm leaving to get more $. He is doing this by running down his contract and leaving us with nothing. He is fucking greedy, he wants all the sign on cash himself. What he forgets is that we put his name up in lights and gave him 2 titles, fa cup and league cup. He can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

I'm tending to subscribe to this view!

CityFan94 said:

Well based on the way we are playing you could argue that there are plenty of places that would be seen as an improvement currently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.