Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/26/liver...of-manchester-city-star-james-milner-5167488/

Liverpool have reportedly completed the free transfer of out of contract Manchester City star James Milner after an Anfield source reportedly announced it as a ‘done deal’.

The Reds had been in a race to snap up the 29-year-old with the likes of Arsenal and Roma, according to the Daily Star.

Milner is believed to be keen on playing in midfield and Brendan Rodgers has promised that he would be an integral part of his side in the middle of the park.

Liverpool will be delighted to land the England international who is a proven Premier League performer.

Milner's contract does not run out until the summer so this is complete boll*ocks

He may have verbally agreed to join them, but to say he's signed for them is nonsense

chaddblue said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/26/liver...of-manchester-city-star-james-milner-5167488/

Liverpool have reportedly completed the free transfer of out of contract Manchester City star James Milner after an Anfield source reportedly announced it as a ‘done deal’.

The Reds had been in a race to snap up the 29-year-old with the likes of Arsenal and Roma, according to the Daily Star.

Milner is believed to be keen on playing in midfield and Brendan Rodgers has promised that he would be an integral part of his side in the middle of the park.

Liverpool will be delighted to land the England international who is a proven Premier League performer.

Milner's contract does not run out until the summer so this is complete boll*ocks

He can sign a pre contract.

He may have verbally agreed to join them, but to say he's signed for them is nonsense

blueinsa said:
chaddblue said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:

Which are probably not worth the paper they are written on

What if we get a new manager who comes in and says to Milner he is the first name on the teamsheet every week and we'll double your wages?

He can sign a pre contract.

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:

That will make the dippers less of a threat, Milner isn't a central midfield player, not for a club aiming for top 4 anyway.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
If true, goodbye Jimmy and thanks for the memories - and thank you for respecting your contract and never bad-mouthing the club, or anything associated with it, in public.

Life moves on.
Yep. Loved his reaction after the 1-6 game, and his comments afterwards 'coming from Leeds means we don't care too much for Manchester United....'.

It's a bit of an odd one why he is moving. He is getting plenty of game time,wherever he plays for us he is nailed on for the England squad. Maybe he feels he has won all the domestic trophies and he knows if we go out and sign a couple of top drawer midfield players he will only get a few games here and there?

Good luck to him he has done a fine professional job here i wish all players conducted themselves so well.

Don't really know how to feel about this. On one hand I appreciate what he has done for us, but on the other I feel that he has just taken the piss out of the club with this wanting first team nonsense.

If this is true, very disappointing.

I would be well pissed off if I ran myself ragged for the team, only to be kept out be players who couldn't give a toss and some who are not fit to lace his boots (ala Navas). I was hoping he'd stay until we replaced Pellers the clown and the new guy could review.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.