Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Good player who always gives 100%. We should have punted him though last August when the dippers had the Suarez money.
Big mistake not getting a transfer fee for him.

Joins the list of ordinary players who have won more than their skill merited. He benefited from the ridiculous rules and regulations that deem there must be so many homegrown players in a squad and clearly thinks he is better than he is. Cherrio Jim and thanks for all you did enjoy the money sitting on the bench as soon as Rodgers realises how good you really are, say hello to Mario

Good squad player for us. If he wants something more than that then he will have to take a step down, which is what he is doing.

Have absolutely no concerns about him playing in the middle of the park for somebody else. Take away his ability to run around a lot and he's definitely NOT a good centre midfielder. He probably wouldn't even be Liverpool's best centre midfielder. Much better out wide.

Damocles said:
Good squad player for us. If he wants something more than that then he will have to take a step down, which is what he is doing.

Have absolutely no concerns about him playing in the middle of the park for somebody else. Take away his ability to run around a lot and he's definitely NOT a good centre midfielder. He probably wouldn't even be Liverpool's best centre midfielder. Much better out wide.

Exactly. It s a good signing on a free though so they will be happy. I cant see him getting his wish for central midfield there once they have seen in in action!

Personally I think he is making a mistake. Liverpool do not look like title contenders any time soon and look set to miss out on CL football. Still I suppose they are paying him more which is really what this is all about.

The pain in all this for us is having to spend a lot of money on home grown replacements.

waspish said:
blueinsa said:
waspish said:
quote me one sentence that Yaya has bad mouthed our club...

Hence the "instructed his agent" bit.

I feel his agent does it of his own back! YAYA says nowt because he is best mate who plucked him from oblivion to be a very wealthy person.. personally I very much doubt YAYA instructs his agent to say what he says, he seems a bit of a loose cannon..

Hahahaahahaahahahaaha!

Wake up.

Damocles said:

Nailed it. This is the trouble with promising players certain positions. Brenda for all his faults is a modern progressive manager. He'll be wanting the same things in the centre of the park as we are. They can promise the earth to Jimmy because getting him on a free is a great deal, but no-one is going to be in the least bit surprised to see him eventually lining up for pool out wide. If they are planning on going with a midfield pair of Henderson and Milner I don't suspect they'll be breaking into the top 4 anytime soon.

Good luck to him. Him and Henderson with Coutinho just in front of them - gives them and energetic midfield. To play the pressing game. Technically will give the ball away though.

I for one would question his loyalty for the rest of the season. If it was a toss up between us and the scousers for champs league spot.. Maybe just being paranoid

McfcMK said:
Don't really know how to feel about this. On one hand I appreciate what he has done for us, but on the other I feel that he has just taken the piss out of the club with this wanting first team nonsense.

TBF he deserves first team action on giving 100% every game which is more than cane said for a few of our so called superstars. An underrated player and with coutinho and Henderson they will have a great combination of flair, passing ability and energy. Our loss their gain IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.