Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

If the option was either let him go on a free or make him an important part of our first team in central midfield, then it's not a tough choice at all. If he goes to Liverpool to play in central midfield every week, then fair enough, that doesn't worry me at all. Cheerio Jimmy, it was good while it lasted.

BigOscar said:
If the option was either let him go on a free or make him an important part of our first team in central midfield, then it's not a tough choice at all. If he goes to Liverpool to play in central midfield every week, then fair enough, that doesn't worry me at all. Cheerio Jimmy, it was good while it lasted.
Can't see him making the team ahead of Can and Henderson myself.

I think his time at right wing back is about to be greatly increased.

I like him but he's probably the worst passer in our squad. I'll miss his wonder strikes and energy but I never thought he guaranteed much beyond a lot of effort.

NQCitizen said:
BigOscar said:
Can't see him making the team ahead of Can and Henderson myself.

I think his time at right wing back is about to be greatly increased.

I like him but he's probably the worst passer in our squad. I'll miss his wonder strikes and energy but I never thought he guaranteed much beyond a lot of effort.

Agree - it's why I find the choice of Liverpool so bizarre. Rogers rotates as much as Pellegrini if not more, and is as prone to shuffling players around the park on his whim. Not sure how Milner thinks he'll get more playing time or a permanent central midfield role.

Hopefully like Karen says he is hanging around to see if Pellegrini goes and who the new manager would be. Klopp would love someone like Milner although again don't see him as a central midfielder under him.

well hes won some stuff with us, now he can go and take it easy with Liverpool, and he could say to his team mates this is what you could of won last year if stevei g didn't fall on his arse

Should really have played more at centre-mid for us between 2010 and 2013. He's had his chance for 15 months to stay though, and clearly he's not interested so ultimately I won't be sad to see him go.

I do find his current popularity amongst both City & non-City fans very similar to Barry's last season however. Barry, like Milner, was very underrated during his time here and often took a lot of flack off fans of all clubs for not belonging in a top team. However, when Barry suddenly provided the same contributions to Everton last season he became flavour of the month for non-City fans, quite like how Milner has been for the last year for both City and non-City fans. In addition to that, Barry's effort plummeted in his last season with City and I don't think Milner has really tried this season either, though in Milner's defence he hasn't scored two dubious own goals like Barry did vs. Villa & Southampton.

When a player leaves it so late in the day past experience
tells me he's off to pastors new, its a bloody shame he off
but maybe a just can't haddle all this success so late in his
Career.

Still think its mental that we've allowed him to run down his contract and leave for free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.