Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Prestwich_Blue said:
r.soleofsalford said:
some of the comments on here about a current city a player who gives everything for the team that he has to give are a fucking disgrace,
Being paid £100k a week, giving his all is the least I'd expect.

Being able to cross a ball with some degree of accuracy would help as well. His consistent failure to do that is what I'd class as a fucking disgrace. But he's not the only one. Zabaleta is another as is Clichy.

I'd play him as a defensive midfielder, which his energy and application make him ideally suited for.

Unfortunately his inability to tackle, in that area of the pitch, would make him ideally suited for an early bath after 30 mins or so with our cards/foul ratio. His lack of aerial ability would yet again expose us to long balls there (Nando finally seems to have learned to head the ball and jump - well done physical coaching staff, lots of squats!). Given the choice I'd keep Milner as a utility player but I won't be too upset if he goes either.

Benarbia said:
Oh yea sorry mean assurances of first team football

He's played in more games than any player this season other than Navas, people need to get their heads out of the sand on this one. He is leaving for a massive signing on fee and huge wages, multi millionaire footballer wants one final pay day.

shemnel said:
oh Jimmy Jimmy, will you stay or will you go now?

not arsed. just please decide.

It's pretty clear he has. He is running down his contract and leaving us after this season.

He probably feels he has won everything domestically with us and if we have a team to compete realistically in Europe he won't be in it, so he is off/He has given us good service and i wish him well.a limited footballer but a great heart and engine.

shemnel said:
oh Jimmy Jimmy, will you stay or will you go now?

not arsed. just please decide.

I am we are losing a good English player who can play virtually any position give 100% and not complain unlike at least three wankers I can name

I'm not too fussed if he goes. He was absolute dross against QPR on Sunday when all he had to do was control the ball and pass it to Aguero and we'd likely score.

As much as people rave about his hard working mentality etc, it will be nice to replace that with some real quality. All footballers should work hard, if they are top class as well then we've replaced him with a better player. He's solid on the wing without being spectacular and he's woeful in the central midfield for a club at our level largely because his passing and composure are not what we require.

If it is a money situation, then our persistent vocal admiration for him on match days is working against us?

He gets plenty of game time and despite working hard his input is limited. Wherever he plays he does the job and that's it. I'd like to see him stay because of his adaptability but he hasn't signed a new contract as I assume we haven't met his demands, which is understandable because he doesn't contribute enough to be able to bend us over a barrel.

It's all cash he's whacking on wants a mint payday over a bigger period than city fancy offering simple as that. He's had pure appearances this year it was just bollocks Milner wants cash lots of.

dobobobo said:
Greatness = Milner
2nb8utx.jpg

Listen; I like Jimbo. Imagine if the likes of Robinho and Elano had his attitude alongside their far superior skills. But "greatness"? Behave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.