Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Re: James Milner - Striker

Did really well for his two goals after a diabolical first half performance, but he didn't let it affect him, well done James.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Jesus, it's not often I feel compelled to make comment when just browsing, but some of the absolute shite talked on here about James Milner conclusively proves that City have as many morons supporting them as any other team!

If anyone seriously believes they could find another player who gives anywhere near the effort and commitment James Milner does then they are seriously stupid.

All this shit about 'if he goes he'll be replaced by a better player' is absolute toss. Yes I agree you may find a better technical player, but for commitment absolutely no chance.

In 40 years of watching City I've only seen 2 players come remotely close to the effort that Milner gives on the pitch and that was Doyle and Tevez.

If it was all about technique and ball skill then we'd sign a bloody football freestyler!

Simply put, thank fuck none of you are in charge of player acquisition for City or we'd be in deep shit.

I refer to my above post!

Shaelumstash said:
crmcfc said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
Yep, completely agreeable. Just the last bit I struggle with slightly. It is obvious to see he isn't the most gifted. I actually liken him to Navas. They don't do what Silva does, Yaya, Nasri.... but they both give their all. They both perform to the best of their abilities.

I don't understand your last sentence :/ It's a human nature quality. As a fan, to back the trier, to empathize with the (as it were) underdog. I am not saying he isn't replaceable. But I prefer to think, and I hope rightly, that the fans see the value in his utility and his performances.

Incidentally, I don't think Milner is the most popular player. I think it's Zabaleta. But they are similar players. Hence my point about fans backing the workhorse.

its just that Zabaleta would get into every top team in Europe, Milner would not get into any.

Totally agree. When people rave about Milner I ask them would they start him ahead of Silva or Nasri. Then I ask them would he get in Chelsea, Real, Barca or Bayern's team. Of course he wouldn't.

At the very least, he should start ahead of Jovetic.

I had my doubts about Milner as a striker and still do but he certainly stepped up today with two important striker-esque goals so Kudos to him. Perhaps he needed time to adjust to the role and hope he can continue to score if called upon to play as a striker.

Blueband Brother said:
I had my doubts about Milner as a striker and still do but he certainly stepped up today with two important striker-esque goals so Kudos to him. Perhaps he needed time to adjust to the role and hope he can continue to score if called upon to play as a striker.

I wouldn't have thought it would be the case, but he actually looks more suited to playing as a striker than Jovetic does.

Zubrman said:
Rickaccurate said:
Yep worthless in the box

?
Sorry for the sarcasm
I get a bit defensive when it comes to James
One of my favorites
a true asset to the club
In fixtures
On the Training ground
Off the pitch

If that can be replaced....
Have at it
Good luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.