Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I like him. to buy a better home grown midfielder we'd be rip'd off big time so no point moaning about the wages. He's been a good player for us and I think he will still be good for the next 3 or 4 years.

crmcfc said:
If the offer to Milner is true (£165,000 per week) and he signs it, he would become the most overpriced player in the history of football.

He will not end up being a regular starter at any top 8 PL team, Arsenal and Liverpool seriously when they see how bad he is he will soon be benched.

Remember Richards, Rodwell, Johnson and Sinclair leaving to show us why we should have given them a chance. They cannot get into bottom half teams same will happen with Milner he probably knows we are going to sign a few in the summer therefore should not be near the 1st team.

He cannot pass, cannot cross, has no control and uses his left leg to stand on but hey he can run so lets pick him every week! Should give Mo Farah a contract as well then.

There is nothing like slagging off a player who has played a big part in winning 2 titles and given 100% effort every time while others have struggled to break sweat. It takes many parts to make team and Milner has been very important in so many games.

crmcfc said:
If the offer to Milner is true (£165,000 per week) and he signs it, he would become the most overpriced player in the history of football.

He will not end up being a regular starter at any top 8 PL team, Arsenal and Liverpool seriously when they see how bad he is he will soon be benched.

Remember Richards, Rodwell, Johnson and Sinclair leaving to show us why we should have given them a chance. They cannot get into bottom half teams same will happen with Milner he probably knows we are going to sign a few in the summer therefore should not be near the 1st team.

He cannot pass, cannot cross, has no control and uses his left leg to stand on but hey he can run so lets pick him every week! Should give Mo Farah a contract as well then.

Falcao

We know Liverpool are in for him so maybe this contract talk is just our way of getting Liverpool to unloosen the bolts on the sterling deal

I honestly don't quite know why he wants to leave? He plays for one of the best clubs in the country, regularly winning titles, and plays regularly as well. I can only imagine he wants to leave, so he can start every week.

andersmcfcdk said:
I honestly don't quite know why he wants to leave? He plays for one of the best clubs in the country, regularly winning titles, and plays regularly as well. I can only imagine he wants to leave, so he can start every week.

Which I can't see him doing at Liverpool or Arsenal.

andersmcfcdk said:

I don't even think it's about starting every week. I think James Milner thinks he's a central midfielder and Manchester City don't, and I reckon Liverpool have told they'll play him in the centre and that's what he wants more than money or trophies at this point.

gouldybob said:
blue underpants said:
165 grand a week, YOUR AVIN A LAFF!!!

For that we'd have to be winning trophies and £25M transfer for English average player and £80k a week = £41Mish over 4 years

Milner £8m a year = £32M over 4 years, and for him to get that we're watching our captain pick up trophies a couple of times a year.

You can't have 10 Messi's and win anything, we're already shite at corners!

I'd beg to differ. 10 Messi's would be pretty fucking hard to stop, they'd score pretty much every time they had the ball. They'd concede plenty too, but good luck outscoring them.

aguero93:20 said:
gouldybob said:
blue underpants said:
165 grand a week, YOUR AVIN A LAFF!!!

For that we'd have to be winning trophies and £25M transfer for English average player and £80k a week = £41Mish over 4 years

Milner £8m a year = £32M over 4 years, and for him to get that we're watching our captain pick up trophies a couple of times a year.

I'd beg to differ. 10 Messi's would be pretty fucking hard to stop, they'd score pretty much every time they had the ball. They'd concede plenty too, but good luck outscoring them.

Depends who the goalkeeper is :-)

RochBlue said:
aguero93:20 said:
gouldybob said:

Depends who the goalkeeper is :-)

It'd have to be Joe, lots and lots of one-on-one work to do :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.