Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

If you're happy to see him leave, why do you want City to get their own back on LFC?

I thought he'd change his mind after LFC's finish to the season. They look like they are in disarray with or without Milner

Er - because I support City and our friend Jimmy is walking away on a free having been tapped up by one of our rivals. By a manager who has done nothing but talk shit about us for two years. By a club which thinks it's somehow more deserving of success than us because of some misplaced sense of their history and what that means. Fuck Liverpool, and honestly, fuck James Milner too. I realise it won't make me popular as the general consensus is he owes us nothing, fulfilled his contract, blah blah blah. I guess in this instance the tribalism has kicked in for me.

I have no idea why some people dont understand this transfer.

Its a great move for him, us and Liverpool.

If any of you have any ambition, as i do for us to be the best in the world, then you dont want a player like James Milner in your starting 11. Thats the truth. I know he works hard and is a top guy but as if he would ever get near Barca or Madrids 11....

Thanks for everything, take care, all the best at Liverpool.
I agree 100% with this, Milner is a hard worker no doubt, but he isn't that player you want in the starting 11 if you have a high ambitions like we have.

Don't really get why he would want a move anywhere tbh, but its up to him and one things for sure, come the start of the season we'll not be worried at all about his departure. The one thing I do hope though is we do get some English/British lads in, I think its important not least for camaraderie, connection with the fans, helping new foreign players settle etc (I know a lot of people won't agree with that sentiment, its just my belief a English club needs a decent core of Brits from a cultural pov)

Milner is a very good player. He certainly isn't a Silva or Aguero but he is a solid player who gives the squad a lot. I for one will be sad to see him leave. If he is leaving I'm at a loss as to why he thinks Liverpool is a good move. They have no chance of winning the league in the time he has left at this level, they probably won't qualify for the CL in that period either. He is going from a team competing for everything to a team that will compete for the League Cup at best. Liverpool are a spent force, the top 4 will just widen the gap, and Milner isn't good enough to help them get anywhere close.

Don't really get why he would want a move anywhere tbh, but its up to him and one things for sure, come the start of the season we'll not be worried at all about his departure. The one thing I do hope though is we do get some English/British lads in, I think its important not least for camaraderie, connection with the fans, helping new foreign players settle etc (I know a lot of people won't agree with that sentiment, its just my belief a English club needs a decent core of Brits from a cultural pov)

Ha, why can’t you understand this? Why would he want to play a bit part for us when he can play every week at another team? Hes nearly 30 not 20.
All he wants to do is play week in week out. Liverpool can give him that. We can’t.
A point you made which I totally agree with is the English/British lads connection with the fans. Since Richards and Lescott left and now James is off we don’t have too many left. It’s pretty nailed on now that we will be making 1 or maybe 2 English signings this summer. Sterling is a cert for me.

I suspect that Milner knows that midfield is an area where we will be adding youth and pace. We also seem to be keeping Yaya and I can't see Fernandinho being moved on so Milner and Fernando are the ones who will not get playing time. I can't see it being like the past two years where he has actually played a lot and any new additions will hopefully be first team ready. The only gripe I have is that we shouldn't have been drawn into offering any utility player aged 29+ more than 3 years. I am happy to say "Thanks James, and goodbye. Enjoy Merseyside."

He had none of those qualities but made his prem debut at 16, played for England at every age from U15s upwards, was PFA Young Player of the Year in 2010, Has 2 titles with us and has 50+ senior England caps to his name.

He must be the hardest working **** the fucking planet has ever seen to have achieved all that with such a lack of the skills and qualities that make a footballer.

For fucks sake.

totally agree about the English element at the club.

Milner should have been sold 12 months ago when he first refused a new contract, if he has strung us along giving the powers that be the impression he would sign then he's a fucking disgrace to be honest which is a shame because there is always room for a water carrier at any club, committed and hard working for the cause, personally i will miss him at the club-chipped in with a decent number of goals this season.

So thats two HG players down so far with Milner and Lampard leaving.

Looking at some of the comments on RAWK they're as undecided about Milner as we are. Plenty of people on there reckon he's bang average and plenty reckon he's a big improvement on what they've got. What everyone seems to agree on is that he's not worth the 10/12 million pound signing on fee and 150k a week salary that's been quoted recently.
That bit has to be absolute bollocks. Why would they need to hand him 10/12 million quid AND pay him 150k a week? Who are they competing with? I'm calling complete made up tabloid bullshit on this one.

Best of luck to him, his loss......

Given his age, the clear opportunities he has at City and Liverpool's state of flux and aspirations, I simply cannot understand why he would not take the offer on the table and enjoy being in a ultra competitive team realistically gunning for a couple of trophies a season including Champions League football.

A players career is limited in playing time and he has the attributes to possibly go into management thereafter after a spell at NYCFC, so there is more than enough money to be earned in the City family, as I said makes no sense at all...

Regardless City will get stronger and stronger and be a source of great pride and satisfaction to us fans, the future is bright, with or without James...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.