Player thread: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

No one can question his commitment, that would never be in question. One pundit said last season that Zab was the standard that all full backs were rated against. He has always dived into tackles, and lately he's been getting caught out. However, I'm sure he knows this himself, and along with the coaching team, he'll sort it out - he has shown previously that he can improve his game.

Re: Zabaleta's Recent Form

ZZmaestro said:
Not a big concern. In my eyes, even an offensively poor Zaba is still a hundred times better than what Clichy will ever produce in his hole career.
He will deliver the goods come the big games, you can bet your left nut on it.

Everton was his worst offensive performance in City's shirt. I guess he was instructed to stay at back to cancel Baines + Yaya was not playing so less balls for his runs but he barely tried anything up front.

I have been watching this grat club since the glory days of the sixties. In my humble opinion, i think Zabbs is the best right back we have had since Tony Book.

col1n said:
I have been watching this grat club since the glory days of the sixties. In my humble opinion, i think Zabbs is the best right back we have had since Tony Book.

He is the best right back the prem has seen in my honest opinion.
No winky face with that either, he is imo no doubt.

Bit young for Tony myself boss but my dad said he was a brilliant player.

malg said:
No one can question his commitment, that would never be in question. One pundit said last season that Zab was the standard that all full backs were rated against. He has always dived into tackles, and lately he's been getting caught out. However, I'm sure he knows this himself, and along with the coaching team, he'll sort it out - he has shown previously that he can improve his game.
Good post, that. He seems to have regressed a notch or two this season. Albeit, from a very high level in the last couple of seasons. He does seem to be making more rash challenges than we've been used to (similar to how he was when he first came to us). Still wouldn't swap him for any other RB in the country.

Can't be recognized from last season. Defensively out of sorts more and more, the way Sanchez got past him in one occasion yesterday looked like pub league defending, and in last 2 games was very limited going forward though that could be under manager's orders. But we surely missed his overlap runs against Everton and Arsenal.

IMO, player who regressed most in this team from last season.

bitsmith said:
Can't be recognized from last season. Defensively out of sorts more and more, the way Sanchez got past him in one occasion yesterday looked like pub league defending, and in last 2 games was very limited going forward though that could be under manager's orders. But we surely missed his overlap runs against Everton and Arsenal.

Unfortunately agree

bitsmith said:

Probably because Yaya isn't in the team. The Yaya through-ball to Zabaleta must be one of our most frequent attacking moves over the last few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.