Player Thread: Patrick Roberts

I would assume he is injured. We don’t tend to comment on injuries anywhere for young players. Nacho was missing in action for most of last year and we were all in the dark speculating over work permits and dodgy deals but he popped up in the EDS at the tail end of the season and banged in a load of goals.

Keep some faith!

I would assume he is injured. We don’t tend to comment on injuries anywhere for young players. Nacho was missing in action for most of last year and we were all in the dark speculating over work permits and dodgy deals but he popped up in the EDS at the tail end of the season and banged in a load of goals.

Keep some faith!

He's not been involved in a single EDS squad since he joined, even when fit, so I'd not expect any injury to be the reason. He's simply been kept away from the EDS, which is odd. Only the UYL games.

He's not been involved in a single EDS squad since he joined, even when fit, so I'd not expect any injury to be the reason. He's simply been kept away from the EDS, which is odd. Only the UYL games.

The club / management have given him his debut in the League cup and he got on against Tottenham not so long ago! He can’t be that bad if he has been given a sniff of first team football.

I agree that he would probably benefit from a loan but I cant imagine that he has turned shit since the tottenham game. He must have been rated up to that point to get on in a Prem game.

The club / management have given him his debut in the League cup and he got on against Tottenham not so long ago! He can’t be that bad if he has been given a sniff of first team football.

I agree that he would probably benefit from a loan but I cant imagine that he has turned shit since the tottenham game. He must have been rated up to that point to get on in a Prem game.

Grand total of about 35 mins all season so far in the 1st team, and bearing in mind he's already played plenty of professional games too for fulham and isn't some totally raw kid, that isn't really notable by any stretch of the imagination. I hope it'll change but i think its amazingly optimistic to put a positive spin on his involvement so far...personally.

It’s not so much a positive perspective but more me pointing out the strange circumstance. There is immense competition for those minutes of first team football. The whole CFA is geared up to delivering players worthy of a chance and that is more of a chance than many of them will ever get.

I just can’t see the circumstance where he is considered worthy of a run out ahead of the 4 or 5 others from that age group that will be around the first team but also considered a dog of a signing at the same time. In my simple mind he is either shit and plays only EDS / EYL if that or he is ahead of that and is a fringe first team player. The only way I can rationalise it is if he has had multiple or recurring injuries.

As he turns 19 at the start of Feb does he technically become home grown as he will have been in an English academy for 3 years between 16 and 21? This qualifies for the champs league squad?

As he turns 19 at the start of Feb does he technically become home grown as he will have been in an English academy for 3 years between 16 and 21? This qualifies for the champs league squad?
He needs to have been at the club for two years.

Short answer, but yes. He would qualify as an A-list player by then.

He needs to have been at the club for two years.
Yes and no, it's between 15 & 21 (not 16) which means he's eligible for the A list. He's not been here the required 2 years to make the B list.

43.04 A "club-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months.

43.05 An "association-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same association as that of his current

43.11 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1994 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles.../Regulations/02/23/57/51/2235751_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.