Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Balti said:
FA RETROSPECTIVE BAN..........?

OccasionalShorttermBillygoat.gif
The player Mbiye, is looking at the ball all the time? (I'm on phone and my eyes aren't the best) so for me, he can see the ball and Nasri are already gone before he lands on his backside. Why on earth does he then swing his leg out again? Frustration pure and simple. A totally stupid, unforgivable and reckless foul. Ban the stupid twat. If he'd connected with Samir a split second earlier he'd be out for months, still might be. Tha wants actioning by the F.A. I'm not holding my breath, has anything been said on the news?

Didsbury Dave said:
MihaiCity said:
SrilankanBlue said:
Fuck sake, just realised this, might have to go 442 anyway then and pray SIlva,Navas,Aguero and the Beast stay fit... or a 4-3-3 with Garcia..

and let's just hope by some miracle Jovetic is also fit..:) and yes tbh 4-3-3 is the system we need to go against barca as much MP love his 4-2-2-2 i don't think this will work a 4-3-3 like:

hart-zabba-demichelis-kolarov

garcia

fernandinho-yaya toure

navas/silva-negredo-aguero

Pellegrini hasn't played 433 for one minute of one game since he arrived, so he isn't going to start in the hardest game of the season. I've a feeling he will go with the 4222 again, in the absence of Nasri and Milner, with Navas wide right. Navas does actually tackle back very well, so this might not be a bad idea. As Barca come at us he might get some space to break, too.
we seemed to switch to a 4-3-3 yesterday after Garcia came on, maybe it was just a result of silva being pushed so deep by Newcastle pressure but it definitely looked a 4-3-3 shape to me.

For all those wondering why don't FA have rules where they can review the yellow card decision and award the red even if the evidence suggest a clear red is because of the long standing international law principle of Double Jeopardy
This Principle is observed by all the sporting bodies , international organizations and nations.The principle states that an offender cannot be punished twiced for the same offence,so once a punishment has been dished out a new verdict cannot be given on the Same point.

Lifted from another site..Comments from his father..

"Initial fears Nasri may have sustained a cruciate ligament injury, which would have ended his World Cup hopes, have dissipated, and though a scan on Monday will determine the exact nature of the problem, Nasri snr stated his son is optimistic he has merely suffered a severe twist of the left knee.

"I've spoken to Samir on the phone. The disappointment has subsided a little -- I tried to keep it inside, and he did as well. Samir will have an MRI on Monday. We'll then have a precise diagnosis. He's afraid of a long-term injury which will end his season and his dreams of the World Cup," he said.

"But after taking a step back to think about it, and with certain signs, he thinks it might just be a severe twist. If the meniscus is damaged, he'll be out two months, which isn't enormous. In that case, it could have been much worse and he'll even be able to take a breather and recharge his batteries. He's trying to keep things in perspective."<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:56 pm --<br /><br />
Citizen in Pakistan said:
For all those wondering why don't FA have rules where they can review the yellow card decision and award the red even if the evidence suggest a clear red is because of the long standing international law principle of Double Jeopardy
This Principle is observed by all the sporting bodies , international organizations and nations.The principle states that an offender cannot be punished twiced for the same offence,so once a punishment has been dished out a new verdict cannot be given on the Same point.

Ben Thatcher will disagree!

Ah but they can, they changed the rules. Besides for Double Jeopardy to apply they would have to serve 2 separate bans for the same offence, or be awarded 2 yellow cards for the same foul.

DJ is/was for criminal proceedings - sporting bodies can adopt rules as they see fit.
The reason for the card review rules wasn't DJ, it was to stop the undermining of the referee. Perversely it's had the opposite effect.

You mean you can not be put on trial again once a verdict has been reached.

A court of appeal can give a new verdict as well as a new punishment, without a new trial.

Didsbury Dave said:
MihaiCity said:
SrilankanBlue said:
Fuck sake, just realised this, might have to go 442 anyway then and pray SIlva,Navas,Aguero and the Beast stay fit... or a 4-3-3 with Garcia..

and let's just hope by some miracle Jovetic is also fit..:) and yes tbh 4-3-3 is the system we need to go against barca as much MP love his 4-2-2-2 i don't think this will work a 4-3-3 like:

garcia

fernandinho-yaya toure

Pellegrini hasn't played 433 for one minute of one game since he arrived, so he isn't going to start in the hardest game of the season. I've a feeling he will go with the 4222 again, in the absence of Nasri and Milner, with Navas wide right. Navas does actually tackle back very well, so this might not be a bad idea. As Barca come at us he might get some space to break, too.
We played 4-3-3 for the last (dunno exactly) 15mins or so against Palace.

aguero93:20 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
MihaiCity said:

garcia

fernandinho-yaya toure

we seemed to switch to a 4-3-3 yesterday after Garcia came on, maybe it was just a result of silva being pushed so deep by Newcastle pressure but it definitely looked a 4-3-3 shape to me.

Silva was in the hole in a 4231, surely. That's our normal "change" formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.