Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

aguero93:20 said:
Citizen in Pakistan said:
but he's not getting two yellow cards if they review it is he? he's getting the yellow upgraded to a red, by a court with higher authority, which is in no way a violation of double jeopardy and has countless precedents.

Yes he commited two fouls which both could have been seperate yellows but the ref saw both the tackles and termed it as a single yellow,whether he was right in his assesment or not is another topic of conversation,but the bottom line is for the whole incident he gave a yellow which could only b reviewd like I said before if some other fact comes to knowledge
you don't seem to understand how this works, the referee isn't the final court, the FA is. If a higher court see a punishment as too lenient or too strict, they can increase or decrease the punishment, it isn't technically a re-trial, so you don't need new evidence. Also, 'other facts coming to knowledge' would be satisfied if the referee sees the video footage after the game (which he doesn't have access to when he makes the original call) and changes his decision, either way DJ isn't relevant.

Fa comments on Dj incident"we have no jurisdiction to take retrospective action,the referee saw the incident,dealt with it at that time and we cannot take retrospective action"

You may be right but has there ever been an incident in premier league where a yellow card has been overturned as red later on?
I don't know for sure so I am asking you,but personally I don't think there would be

Yes he commited two fouls which both could have been seperate yellows but the ref saw both the tackles and termed it as a single yellow,whether he was right in his assesment or not is another topic of conversation,but the bottom line is for the whole incident he gave a yellow which could only b reviewd like I said before if some other fact comes to knowledge
you don't seem to understand how this works, the referee isn't the final court, the FA is. If a higher court see a punishment as too lenient or too strict, they can increase or decrease the punishment, it isn't technically a re-trial, so you don't need new evidence. Also, 'other facts coming to knowledge' would be satisfied if the referee sees the video footage after the game (which he doesn't have access to when he makes the original call) and changes his decision, either way DJ isn't relevant.

Fa comments on Dj incident"we have no jurisdiction to take retrospective action,the referee saw the incident,dealt with it at that time and we cannot take retrospective action"

You may be right but has there ever been an incident in premier league where a yellow card has been overturned as red later on?
I don't know for sure so I am asking you,but personally I don't think there would be
Balotelli wasn't booked but Webb said he saw the incident and dealt with it, and a Fulham player (Dejagah?) was punished retrospectively earlier this season for an incident that was at the time, dealt with by the ref, the rule change has only come in recently with yellow cards so there hasn't been much chance, but there will be,

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/2013/jul/retrospective-action-rule-change-120713.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/20 ... 20713.aspx</a>

There has been a change to The FA's retrospective action process for the new season

The FA has made a change to its policy regarding what constitutes a 'not seen' incident for the new season.

From the start of the 2013-14 campaign, where the referee’s view of an incident has been completely obstructed and the assistant referees or fourth official are not in a position such that they could be expected to judge the challenge, based on factors such as their distance from or line of sight to an incident, The FA will be able to take retrospective action.

The amendment follows a tackle last season involving Wigan’s Callum McManaman and Newcastle United’s Massadio Haidara in which the match referee’s view of the incident was blocked whilst the other match officials were not in a position to judge exactly what had occurred.

Prior to this change, which was ratified by The Football Regulatory Authority, The FA was only able to take retrospective action when none of the match officials had seen the ‘coming together’ or when the incident was truly exceptional, for example, in the case of Ben Thatcher's challenge on Pedro Mendes.

This change is not intended to usurp the authority of the match officials who are, in the vast majority of cases, best-placed to deal with incidents at the time they occur. It will only be utilised in the rare circumstances outlined above.

Watch a video in the Media Gallery above regarding The FA's policy towards 'not seen' incidents or click here for our full Rulebook Analysis.

Looks even worse from this angle

[bigimg]http://giant.gfycat.com/BlueNegligibleAbyssiniangroundhornbill.gif[/bigimg]

I can't believe Newcastle fans are defending this and even referring to the De Jong tackle as though it's justified.

It a shocking challange but it doesnt look as though his knee twists or buckles and im hopeful its nothing more than bad bruising and swelling.

blueinsa said:
It a shocking challange but it doesnt look as though his knee twists or buckles and im hopeful its nothing more than bad bruising and swelling.

Also...and this isnt having a go at Samir..when players are truly hurt they go down asap and do not roll around as this hurts even more...

if Samir's out for more than 4/5 weeks i'll be very surprised...

samharris said:
blueinsa said:

Also...and this isnt having a go at Samir..when players are truly hurt they go down asap and do not roll around as this hurts even more...

if Samir's out for more than 4/5 weeks i'll be very surprised...

That's harsh mate. His scream and agony were apparent as were his tears very soon after he went down. If anything watching the replays I'd suggest that Mbia uses such force with his kick out that he actually manages to propel Sami.

For all those wondering why don't FA have rules where they can review the yellow card decision and award the red even if the evidence suggest a clear red is because of the long standing international law principle of Double Jeopardy
This Principle is observed by all the sporting bodies , international organizations and nations.The principle states that an offender cannot be punished twiced for the same offence,so once a punishment has been dished out a new verdict cannot be given on the Same point.

It has nothing to do with double jeopardy, because no-one is being "tried" at all. If a "trial" had taken place the referee would be both judge and jury, which clearly doesn't accord with any long standing principle of international law. What the FA can do is review the sentence and any suspension to be inflicted. They used to refuse to do this because they felt it would undermine the referee's credibility and authority, but I believe they now accept the need for review in some cases.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:25 pm --<br /><br />Samir's girlfriend has tweeted that "they're hearing" about four weeks out from the "professionals" at the Bridgewater, according to the MEN.

Yeesh. It's like the "sweep the leg" scene from the original Karate Kid...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kr24G8jQpM[/youtube]

Wretched excuse for a tackle.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
-- Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:25 pm --

Samir's girlfriend has tweeted that "they're hearing" about four weeks out from the "professionals" at the Bridgewater, according to the MEN.

that was 20 hours ago

vartanick said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
-- Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:25 pm --

Samir's girlfriend has tweeted that "they're hearing" about four weeks out from the "professionals" at the Bridgewater, according to the MEN.

that was 20 hours ago
it was, but still probably close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.