Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

lasereyes said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Just had a look at some of the Toon forums - some of the comments are bizarre. - stuff about it being football not ballet , was yellow card at worst - not really violent , but best of all , one of them tells us that a tackle must not be judged as dangerous just because it causes serious injury!!!!
NDJ and Ben arfa anyone?
Some of them are still bleating about it and iirc it wasn't even a card

And bleating about the goal which wasn't given yesterday...on that note I present to you Man City injustices this season...

Negredo goal v Bar coders...ruled incorrectly offside
Bony header v City new yrs day..clearly offside...

There must be some more but I cant be arsed.
Fucking bar code *****...Classless bastards. I actually used to ant them to win something but not now,thought they were better than that.

Villa's first goal, which turned the match.
Sunderland's winner (foul on Milner)

Villa's first goal is offside. Cardiff's second should have been chalked off because Garcia is wrested out of challenging for the corner by the guy at the near post.

We have also had a number of decisions go our way and have taken the rough with the smooth. Only Chelsea seem to be getting virtually all the decisions their way.

We need to tie him up on a new deal soon. Glad he is only out for 2 months and hope he is back stronger. A season ending injury could have affected him long-term.

OB1 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
stan bowles said:
When I first heard it was 8 weeks I was relieved but now actually feel gutted and annoyed by that cynical tackle of Yanga-Mbiwa which should have been a straight red and has robbed us of one of our most important players for such a crucial period of the season. Nasri has been brilliant this season with his goals , assists, hard work, and skilful passing. I only hope Navas, Milner and Jovetic (if we ever see him) can cover for his absence. With Nasri, Yaya and Silva all on top form I think we could beat anyone and go close in all 4 competitons. Just hope he comes back better than ever.
Yup, pretty much this. If we had Jovetic available I'd be less concerned, but I don't believe there's a cat in hell's chance of that happening this season. Nasri and Silva constitute 90% of our creativity, and I would be very uncomfortable relying on just Silva for the next two months, particularly given the number of games we've got coming up and the likelihood of them becoming increasingly attritional affairs. Merlin has a history of muscle injuries with us, and I think we should certainly look to get someone else in, be it a loan signing or a long term permanent deal. Getting someone of the requisite standard though at this stage of the season would be very difficult. The best I can think of domestically and who might be available to us (and he's not in the same league as Silva or Nas) is Ravel Morrison, but I seem to recall he needed to get out of Manchester for his own good not so long ago.

Ravel Morrison!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should be trying to get Isco.

Share the anger about this and Yanga-Mbiwa getting away with it. Horrid, horrid challenge.

The key was in the words "might be available"!!! Of course I'd rather have Isco, Mata, Coutinho, or even Arjen Robben or Ben Arfa, but there's not a chance their current clubs would sell to us. Morrison is a vastly inferior product, but good enough to do a job if called upon, plus in the last 14 months of his present deal, he's cheap as chips. Buy him, use him and upgrade in the summer if he ain't worth the effort.
Of course the ideal player to step into the creative breach is Jovetic, but whatever the fuck is going on his life/head make him about as likely to play for City again this season as me!

Samir had his starting spot in the French squad secured for the world-cup.
He was a regular starter in our team too, while we are still in the race in four competitions.
Such a season happens only once in a lifetime during a player's carreer.
To think that all this would have been jeopardized by the assault of a nobody-player from such a lowlife of a club ...

Would it have happened to one of Slur Alex's boys, you would still hear the media warfare from the moon.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I hope this setback doesn't hurt us as much as I think it could. Navas now has to really step up and play consistently.

I also hope it doesn't affect any contract decisions. Nasri has 18m left as far as I can make out and it could be down to almost a season by the end of this spell out.

Losing Nasri would be a blow with the form he is in. We have to make sure it doesn't happen.
He signed a five year deal when he signed in 2011 iirc.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I hope this setback doesn't hurt us as much as I think it could. Navas now has to really step up and play consistently.

I also hope it doesn't affect any contract decisions. Nasri has 18m left as far as I can make out and it could be down to almost a season by the end of this spell out.

Losing Nasri would be a blow with the form he is in. We have to make sure it doesn't happen.
He signed a five year deal when he signed in 2011 iirc.

Think it was 4 years

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/2011/august/samir-nasri-signs-for-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/20 ... s-for-city</a>

JoeMercer'sWay said:
"This is how it feels to be City, now you're never winning trophies,
You signed Ozil we signed Samir Nasri, Samir Nasri, Samir Nasri".
Pretty sure they're going back to the top of the league right now. I certainly wont be singing that!

Is this guy for real???

http://www.toonarmyblog.co.uk/news/2014/January/13/karma-comes-back-to-bite-nasri.php

I know this is possibly going to make me sound slightly bitter and normally I wouldn't wish injury on any footballer but I have to say I cracked a wry smile when it was confirmed Samir Nasri had been ruled out for 2 months today following yesterday's game.

Prior to his 79th minute departure on a streture the Frenchman had spent most of those 79 minutes getting in the referees ear after every single tackle asking for him to book Newcastle players.

There's a load more bollox with it.

Tricky_Trev said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Pretty sure they're going back to the top of the league right now. I certainly wont be singing that!

It's about time they had their usual spring collapse, the past few seasons they've been so shit at the start they could only get better, this time around perfectly setup for their usual Last 16/FA Cup elimination/champions to 4th place material slump.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Tricky_Trev said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

It's about time they had their usual spring collapse, the past few seasons they've been so shit at the start they could only get better, this time around perfectly setup for their usual Last 16/FA Cup elimination/champions to 4th place material slump.
I feel like that's wishful thinking this season. They look like a very focused team to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.