Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

We are blessed. There's not many players more technically gifted than Samir. His understanding with Yaya, Silva and Aguero is awesome.

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkk-TtC7aRQ[/youtube]

Before his injury away at Newcastle he was consistently superb. Every time he had the ball on the edge of the area I felt we'd score. He was more direct on the ball last season than in previous years, actually running past players rather than laying it off sideways too much.
Not having him fit for the 1st leg against Barca was a huge blow.

It took him a bit of time to get back up to speed after his injury but his form began to pick up again and he scored some important goals

Really classy player and showed he had the desire to do well. I honestly thought he was done at City but he proved me and many others wrong. Deschamps is a clueless prick.

It's nice to see so much possitivity for Nasri now. He really did make a step up last season and with a manager who values him he really steps up. He's selfish, he is often arrogant and he needs a manager that gives into that. It's not the best trait to have because you want players who will perform regardless of how they are managed but fortunately Pellegrini and Nasri get on and we've got the very best out of him. As for the generic "he slows play down" I think that's a bit of a lazy statement. The best players in the world are able to mix the play up, they know when to run with it and when to pass. Nasri is always moving off the ball and he is able to create space for our full backs and other midfielders by moving the ball on and bringing it inside. He is rarely caught in possession because defenders don't know whether to try and make a tackle and risk getting beaten. We've seen it with Navas too, people scream for him to run with the ball but the dangers of doing that were so evident in the home game with Barcelona where he lost the ball (probably a foul, but not given) and we were caught out defensively.

Moriati said:
Let's see how he (Nasri) plays, and, if MP selects on form. Nasri does play a lot passes, but they are, on the whole, predictable and unproductive. I think that some of his play tends to slow us down. Think we are much more effective with a higher tempo, and less fannying about.

What an infuriating comment.. I'm glad so many have taken the time to slam you for this. Nasri was amazing for us last year, and if it wasn't for that injury in late winter, he would've been right up there for our player of the season.

The 'predcitable' passes you're referring to are well-managed, thought-out decisions to continue working the ball around until more space opens up. We constantly saw that kind of build-up play between him and Yaya last year and it very often led to chances. Nasri had something like 92 chances created last season. 1ST IN PREMIER LEAGUE! And he still completed 91% of his passes. I feel like the brilliance of that has not been properly appreciated anywhere.

According to today's press, Nasri wont let the abuse he gets from the Arsenal fans affect him today. Well, he certainly turned up in the big games last year but IMHO he has still not done it away to Arsenal and today will be like a home game for them.

So, come on Samir, go out and stick it to them and win the match for us.

Well, will he start at all today?

I see it as Navas has a sure place in the starting eleven as he did the whole preseason and was quite good in all matches. Then its a choice between Silva/Milner/Nasri, I would go with David, then replace him with either of the remaining two.

Got a lot of balls has Sami giving Gooners fans shit for giving him a hard time, he will get pure abuse today so I hope he has a performance in him today to ram it down there throats

Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
Got a lot of balls has Sami giving Gooners fans shit for giving him a hard time, he will get pure abuse today so I hope he has a performance in him today to ram it down there throats
"What do they expect? I wasn't born in London, I'm not an Arsenal fan!"
Sense spoken but the feeder club won't like it.
"Samir Nasri, he's top of the league"

Headline claiming he hates them and is Nasty and yet get deeper into the interview and he is talking 100% sense and truths.... shock horror

aguero93:20 said:
Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
"What do they expect? I wasn't born in London, I'm not an Arsenal fan!"
Sense spoken but the feeder club won't like it.
"Samir Nasri, he's top of the league"

Wears his heart on his sleeve at times does our Sami. As usual, the headline writers are having a field day with this. None of the quotes I have seen are unreasonable but he might have been better advised to go with a diplomatic one liner of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.