Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

At least he showed for the ball and had a go.

Arsenal fans abuse of Sami Nasri left a really sour taste in the mouth

Nasri is basically your average top-level playmaker. Sometimes he plays well, sometimes he doesn't. Thankfully we also have a world-class playmaker who is far more consistent.

I do wonder how Nasri will do this season. He can't use the manager as an excuse. He claims he doesn't care about the France snub and expected it... but he should be ready to go and I really think he may suffer this season. He wants to play every game but doesn't put the same performances in every week. He is one of those players who is easy to target when things go wrong. His languid style looks effortless when we are winning but instantly becomes lazy when things aren't going well. The difference in quality between Nasri and Silva isn't as much as it appears sometimes. Silva is rarely below par and is always able to change games, Nasri is capable of exactly the same but seems to drift in and out of form fairly easily. With Jovetic fit and Fernando added to the squad, both he and Navas will feel they can offer more than Nasri this year, and he will need to step up. Whilst many blame Mancini for his previous form, he doesn't have any excuse this time around as we have seen what he is capable of when he applied himself.

I do rate Samir as at times he does show flashes of real quality, but he is just too inconsistent to be mentioned in the top bracket and at times he can be a frustrating player. Even with him signing his new contract it is make or break this season and I wouldn't be surprised if he is were to be moved on next summer if he doesn't to show more signs of consistency, especially against Arsenal.

Spouts off in the press about Arsenal and its fans, Then can't be bothered to turn up and put a shift in against his old side?

He is so frustrating sometimes.

Brilliant player. I think he will want to prove himself against Arsenal during the season, he will- want to silence them. Definitely at the Etihad.

When playing against arsenal he has a knack of strutting about trying to look like he isn't arsed about the boo boys, without actually playing with any sort of fluency or conviction for me to really believe that he isn't arsed about it

The Fat el Hombre said:
When playing against arsenal he has a knack of strutting about trying to look like he isn't arsed about the boo boys, without actually playing with any sort of fluency or conviction for me to really believe that he isn't arsed about it

It deffo narks him, because he thinks he will be a hero like Henry and Vieira who also left them for new pastures. The difference being is they do not regard City or Chelsea in Ashley Cole's case as a step up from them, but more a case of greed than anything else.

I think Nasri had the last laugh with the bet with Piers Morgan that he would win a trophy before Arsenal did. Backing up his reason for leaving.

There was a huge difference on Sunday between him and David Silva, he needs to try and keep pace with him over the course of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.