Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri is NOT useless

NQCitizen said:
leighton said:
Nasri needs to keep it up. He needs to give Pelli a headache as to who to pick. I think if Nasri adds goals to his game which he can do will be hard for him to be dropped. With Silva out it gives Nasri his chance needs to make it count. As Silva when fit will be back in the team.

Yeah, Nasri is a fantastic finisher when given the opportunity, up there with our forwards.
Agreed

He has a nice line in making runs behind the defence from out to in (in between full back and centre back), like AJ used to when he could be arsed playing properly. He should've made more of that when playing from wide IMO. Won't get the chance to do that so much if he's playing centrally, though playing centrally suits him better more generally IMO

Braggster said:
NQCitizen said:
leighton said:
Nasri needs to keep it up. He needs to give Pelli a headache as to who to pick. I think if Nasri adds goals to his game which he can do will be hard for him to be dropped. With Silva out it gives Nasri his chance needs to make it count. As Silva when fit will be back in the team.

Yeah, Nasri is a fantastic finisher when given the opportunity, up there with our forwards.
Agreed

He has a nice line in making runs behind the defence from out to in (in between full back and centre back), like AJ used to when he could be arsed playing properly. He should've made more of that when playing from wide IMO. Won't get the chance to do that so much if he's playing centrally, though playing centrally suits him better more generally IMO

He looks much fitter this season as well. He's gained a yard of pace IMO.

Comrade Buka said:
Spurs got Lamela and Eriksen this summer.
Arsenal had Cazorla and got the player which has the most assists on the European contintent, Mesut Özil. Of all the players mentioned here I rate Özil as the best creative attacking midfielder of all.
United didn't buy any creativity this summer.
Chelsea have Mata, Hazard and Oscar.
We have Silva and Nasri.

We are weak in the creative department. I don't rate Nasri as a creative player. To be honest I have no idea what his actual strengths are.

Silva being injured is hurting us. Badly.

Can't agree with you regarding Nasri not being creative. Also Yaya can pick a pass when he moves into a forward role and Jovetic will show everyone he can be as well.

IMO Nasri was MOM last night

I think his biggest improvement this season so far is his mentality and his work ethic during games. His willingness to track back and harry his opponents is something he wouldn't have done early last season and even when he did do it, it was often half-hearted.

Train said:
I think his biggest improvement this season so far is his mentality and his work ethic during games. His willingness to track back and harry his opponents is something he wouldn't have done early last season and even when he did do it, it was often half-hearted.
Yeah I think no matter which side of the argument you fall on with him, there has to be an acknowledgement that this season at least he's been the most committed outfielder to pressing... although I grant the argument can be made for Navas as well in that regard.

JustATevezFan said:
Jesus Navas - 318 minutes played , Contribution to 0 goals.

Samir Nasri - 287 minutes played , Contribution to 4 goals.

both shite then..................

When Pellegrini was appointed , I thought that certain players would respond positively to the style and methods of the new boss - mostly Dzeko , but it looks like Nasri might be the main improver . I have seen some comparisons of Pellers to Wenger and maybe that's what Nas can feel too.

Been a big critic of Nasri since he came. I must, however, agree that he played well last night. I really hope he continues this and deserves his place.

nasri was superb last night , but according to the media the press czech champions are the laughing stock of europe , because we slaughtered them 3-0 , (this is the same team that held ac milan at home last season) i hope samir plays with the same tempo against the CHEATS on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.