Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

This is the best he's played for a very long time. He was simply magnificent yesterday. If we can get most of this out of Nasri and re-incorporate Silva, we'll really be onto something.

Top performance, looks like Pellegrini is starting to get the best out of him. He has that elegance to his game which makes him brilliant to watch when he's at his best.

I have just watched the first hour of the derby again. I knew beforehand that Nasri had played well but I did not realise how well!!!!. He seemed to be involved in everything and based on the last few games he has suddenly become a very important part of the team.

I think we all thought he was a great player when he signed from Arsenal but for me he has never really proved what a talented player he is.........until now. He just looks so up for it and a much better player........keep it up Samir.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 15m
Nasri: "Last year I was involved in the third goal in a bad way, so this was a little revenge. I want to share this moment with our fans''

Fair play,i think he has won over many doubters,myself included,with his recent efforts.Long may his form and attitude continue.

Not read all the posts, if this has been pointed out already then apologies.....

One quote I saw was that he had put his issues with the french national team behind him, and reached a rapprochement with the FFF, which has helped his overall peace of mind and improved his performances of late.

Don't under estimate the pressures of international football post major comps on players psyche and subsequent form, which may in part explain last season's dip....<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:29 pm --<br /><br />Not read all the posts, if this has been pointed out already then apologies.....

One quote I saw was that he had put his issues with the french national team behind him, and reached a rapprochement with the FFF, which has helped his overall peace of mind and improved his performances of late.

Don't under estimate the pressures of international football post major comps on players psyche and subsequent form, which may in part explain last season's dip....

It does make me laugh how fickle football fans are perceived to be, but how stubborn they are to change their minds on (relatively) deeply-ingrained issues. Samir has been in good form for the best part of 6 months now, remember his late end-of-season flurry of good and assists in 2012-13? He ended up with more assists than the untouchable David Silva, but is given a much harder time.

The reason most give for this is because apparently he doesn't work hard enough. However, it you were to do a bit of research, you will find that not one City player ran more, on average per game, than our Samir. Just because he isn't very good defensively doesn't mean he doesn't work hard. He has had a few poor games in the last six months, but he keeps coming back and playing better. This praise he is getting is LONG overdue.

br62 said:
I have just watched the first hour of the derby again. I knew beforehand that Nasri had played well but I did not realise how well!!!!. He seemed to be involved in everything and based on the last few games he has suddenly become a very important part of the team.

I think we all thought he was a great player when he signed from Arsenal but for me he has never really proved what a talented player he is.........until now. He just looks so up for it and a much better player........keep it up Samir.

he was involved in every single goal. the guy has been playing well for months.

he plays shit when the strikers and the fullback aren't making runs. i've always said that we need an attacing fullback not a defensive type like clichy. the overlapping fullback allows nasri to cut inside smoothly.

He deserves to stay in the side the way he's playing. I think when Silva's in the team, Samir takes on a supporting role somewhat but if he's given the reins he seems to take hold of them with a vice like grip and rides for all his worth.
Hope he carries on in this rich vein of form for us and well done to Nasri on his turnaround since MP arrived, he's a world class player on his day we all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.