Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Our best player today and should have been trusted to stay on the pitch. We became too predictable once he went off.

Becoming a very important player now. Very pleased with him. So pleased that i wouldn't mind seeing City soon starting to negotiate a new 4 or 5 year contract with him. Only 2 years left, and he is 26 so could have his best years in front of him.

Has taken Milner's place IMO. Expect that he is performing much better because of natural talent.

BlueCityfan said:
Becoming a very important player now. Very pleased with him. So pleased that i wouldn't mind seeing City soon starting to negotiate a new 4 or 5 year contract with him. Only 2 years left, and he is 26 so could have his best years in front of him.

Has taken Milner's place IMO. Expect that he is performing much better because of natural talent.

I think we should see how he does for the rest of the season - but if his performances stay at the level they've been at so far then yes I think we should get him signed to a new contract. I've always had a soft spot for Sami ... maybe it's the French connection ... but I've always believed in his talent. The question was always one of application and even though I've had some serious moments of doubt in the last 12 months - for the moment it seems like Pellegrini is really getting the best out of him.

BillyShears said:
BlueCityfan said:

I think we should see how he does for the rest of the season - but if his performances stay at the level they've been at so far then yes I think we should get him signed to a new contract. I've always had a soft spot for Sami ... maybe it's the French connection ... but I've always believed in his talent. The question was always one of application and even though I've had some serious moments of doubt in the last 12 months - for the moment it seems like Pellegrini is really getting the best out of him.

I agree to all of you. But it is not so simple. I think IF he was played last year like this year in HIS REAL position at least 5 games in the row he would be as good as this year. Mancini played him as a winger. He is no winger he is a central midfielder - playmaker. An that makes you wonder why did Mancini by one extra great playmaker Nasri which he played on the wings ( He allready had one great playmaker SIlva ). Would it be more logical to by one great real winger ( becasue he didint have none ) and play him on his position as a winger ????

Zlatan said:
BillyShears said:
BlueCityfan said:

I agree to all of you. But it is not so simple. I think IF he was played last year like this year in HIS REAL position at least 5 games in the row he would be as good as this year. Mancini played him as a winger. He is no winger he is a central midfielder - playmaker. An that makes you wonder why did Mancini by one extra great playmaker Nasri which he played on the wings ( He allready had one great playmaker SIlva ). Would it be more logical to by one great real winger ( becasue he didint have none ) and play him on his position as a winger ????
Errrm he had adam johnson..and what did he do to him ? He sold him and got us scott sinclair.

Zlatan said:
BillyShears said:
BlueCityfan said:

Nasri's playing the same position he did for Mancini. From wide left ... the real difference for me is that whereas under Mancini it looked like he was under strict instructions to keep the ball, under Pellegrini he has license to run at full backs and be much more progressive with his play. Now whether that's down to being instructed by the manager or down to a desire from him to impact games more is anyone's guess.

vintiz said:
Zlatan said:
BillyShears said:

Errrm he had adam johnson..and what did he do to him ? He sold him and got us scott sinclair.

Which only shows you that Mancini apparently didin want to use wingers, which is rarity in footbal world. I also think that he bought Johnson as an alternative. He knew from the begining that he will not be in the first 11. With the money he had , he could buy real winger ( top 10 in world ). He just diidnt want to play with the wingers ???? ( and played with 4 cental midfielders instead ). He could off buy for example Bale if he wanted. He just needed to say yes.

I'll be very interested to see how he responds when Merl comes back. When he plays alongside him we know he loafs around and becomes passive.

If Pellegrini can get the two of them working efficiently in tandem we'll be unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.